My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 2, 2011

Doin' What I Do....

Yesterday I bit the bullet and dug in around here. Cleaned out several junk boxes, sewing bins, and then tackled the garage.  My car trunk is loaded and ready for a trip to Serenity House. 

And then this morning, I click on the Peninsula Daily News website and see the historical society is having their annual BIG sale for the next two weekends. Next Sunday is 'fill your bag for a buck' and I'll head over there again for sure.  Their sale is right in my neighborhood too, which makes it even more inviting. I'm picking up Yvonne in an hour so we can find things we can't live without.

Only chore on the agenda today is a small stack of ironing.  Heading to the bingo parlor tomorrow afternoon and then as far as I know, my calendar is free for three weeks until September 24/25 when I've got back-to-back parties. One in Renton, one in Port Townsend.  Oh, the whirlwind life of a senior citizen.

Mary Gaboury is sorting through her pictures and sent me this one of me, her, and Pat McConaghy taken at Nancy's Place. (I think)  I'm guessing it's the mid-80's. Pat died in December of '94.

More later maybe.....





No comments:

Post a Comment