My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summertime...

My eyes have been bothering me a bit this afternoon.  Pollens in the air, I suppose. I went out to the backyard (without sun glasses) and I suspect that wasn't a good idea.  So bright it actually kind of hurt my eyes.  I've got sprinklers going but will turn them off in 20 minutes or so.  It's been a fairly relaxing day and although I did a load of laundry, I sure didn't get much of anything else accomplished. 

I'm totally addicted to my computer.  Mostly just browsing around and working on projects.  Today, for example, I wanted to start researching to find out who the Hopkins were that sold my grandpa land back in the 20's.  I googled the guy and came up with an obit in the Clallam County Historical Society.  For whatever reason, their website didn't remember me and I spent close to an hour trying to log in so I could leave a message.  I'll have to check later to see if anyone can help me with the puzzle.

Have started working on the alumni newsletter too and that requires lots of emails back and forth.  I did put a couple of pictures on the alumni blog if you want to take a peek. The Class of '71 had their 40th and I posted my class' 50th too.  Don't know why I forgot to post them last June.   http://www.alumniofpths.blogspot.com/

My daughter, Jenni, is going to Vegas next week.  Meeting a friend there for a weekend of fun. I'm kinda jealous--although I think I prefer Reno over Vegas. One of these days.....

My daughter, Mary, is planning a Disney cruise to Alaska next spring or summer and has invited me to tag along.  I think I will.  I love Disney themes anyway and I've always wanted to see Alaska--and go on a cruise.  Gives me something to be excited about.

Yvonne and I made a quick Costco run this afternoon. I only needed some salmon and some freezer bags but I ended up spending over $70 because I decided to buy a little more meat. (and socks and grapes)  Sure does add up quick.

Well, I guess I'll get off for today.  Tomorrow I'll work on the alumni newsletter a bit and maybe my next Leader blog too. Here's an interesting video...

No comments:

Post a Comment