My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday is for cleaning

Some mornings you wake up just feelin' like you wanna' clean up the joint.  It doesn't happen often.  Today is one of those days.  I pulled out the Windex and the 409 and will get to work once I finish my coffee.  I don't intend to go crazy but I have noticed certain areas begging for a spruce up.

The bathrooms are first.  Not the toilets and sinks so much as the mirrors and counter tops. The kitchen will probably take the longest.  I'm taking off all the fridge magnets and cleaning the top and teh doors.  Nothing much gets by Hunter's eye and yesterday he pointed out that one handle on the fridge was slipping.  It's not loose but I guess the continual pulling made it relocate. I doubt I would have ever noticed.

I haven't decided yet if I'm unloading all the kitchen cabinets to clean inside. Just cleaning the outside of the dishwasher, range, washer, dryer, and kitchen table legs may be enough to satisfy my cleaning urge.

I also need to clean out the three fish jars. Would sure be easier if I could keep all of them in one bowl but apparently that's a no-no with Betas.  And they just keep hangin' on and hangin' on.  I guess they like it here.  And why wouldn't they?!  I adopted them from Walmart.

I decided as long as I was cleaning out jars, I might as well do my beach glass collection too. It's been on the front porch all summer but I think I'll bring it in now and put some of it in smaller vases.

Yesterday the twins were practicing soccer in the back yard before it was time for me to take them to practice.

It wasn't long before the ball was kicked under the porch so today I'm weedeating that area and putting a little fold-out fence around the edges. I'll have to wait until this afternoon for that job, though. It's kind of wet and dewy out there.
I taped three hours of programming on Channels 4 & 5 last night as I continue to wade through the new shows and decide which I'll give a second or third look.  'The Office' seemed a little better to me; at least the one episode I watched. I adored that show at first but then found it too silly and moved on.  I thought they gave too many lines to Steve Carell (who I didn't find that funny) and not enough to the other office workers--like Stanley who cracks me up.

I refuse to watch any show with canned laughter. It's become one of those things I just notice immediately and won't tolerate.  I kind of liked Prime Suspect and will watch it again. Channel 7 on Thursdays I believe.  And Modern Family, of course. That's a no brainer.  Funniest show on tv.  I also like 'The Middle.'

I think I had some hormonal things going on yesterday.  Perhaps it was fatigue---or maybe I'm just a bitch!  Nahhhhh....

Anyhow, I went over to Virginia's for lunch and she served  this delicious bacon and artichoke quiche. I noticed as I was dishing up that the clock said 11:11.  I commented on that and how you can Google "why am I seeing the number eleven all the time" and she said she'd heard it had something to do with angels looking over you. (I do know there were some biblical references to the subject)

After I left, I went to Safeway to pick up three items.  The two check-out lines with cashiers were busy so I opted for the check-yourself-out line.  I made sure I was near the "helper" as those damn machines act up almost every single time I try using them.  Well, sure enough, I had a problem right off the bat. I looked up and the "helper" was gone.  I started to fume and another "helper" walked by asking if I needed help.  Well, DUH....!!!

She proceeded to ask me what I had done and what the problem was.  As it ended up, she wasn't trained in that area and had no clue what to do.  The regular "helper" was around the corner helping someone else.  Then this kid came over to see if he could help. And the blasted
scanner just took off and worked with him standing there.  This was after he asked me: What exactly were you trying to do?" 

I felt like screaming at him 'I'M TRYING TO MOP MY KITCHEN! WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS TRYING TO DO?!"

After the scanner took my three items, he was going to help me use my debit card. I guess he thought I was a little old lady who didn't know how to handle the complicated technology today. I told him: "I think I know how to do this part!"  I left in a snit.  I got out to my car and had a talk with myself wondering why I couldn't just laugh it off and go with the flow.  Why did I let a supermarket scanner annoy me to the point where I wanted to scream.  And then I cried all the way home.

I continued to talk to myself  trying to figure out exactly what brought on the tears.  I went through my little troubles and woes and decided they were just the regular problems I've always had and dealt with so what's the big deal?  Must be hormones.  And when I got home, I got out the receipt to record it in my checkbook and the total was $11.11.  Hmmmmm...

Okay....off to squirt 409.

No comments:

Post a Comment