My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 30, 2011

Last day of September

The barking of the neighbor's dog woke me up from an interesting dream this morning.  I won't type the words I used but they were definitely naughty.  My high school classmates were in this dream and as usual, it was corny as all get out.

It's lookin' a little gray outside but I'm fine with that.  I finished the chores on my list yesterday and today's list is much easier. And a lot more fun. I'm cleaning out computer files and sorting pictures and writing my next Leader blog.  This weekend I'll get back to sewing.

I think my fish are much happier now. Here's their before and after photos.

I went outside and did weedeating around the fence, hauled the garbage bins to the alley, put away garden tools, and set a little fencing around the steps to keep balls and toys from going under the porch.

I cleaned various area around the house with 409 and then Maddie replaced my fridge magnets when she got home from school. 
One thing I plan to do this fall is plant tulip bulbs. Lots of 'em.  I love tulips.  I also love sweetpeas and pansies.  I planted a few sweetpeas in a pot in early spring and this is the first time I've ever had them come up for me.  I think I'm going to try tulip bulbs in some of my large pots as I have quite a few.  Suppose I'd better go buy some soil while I'm at it.


                                       
There is an area along one fence that I started digging up for flowers but it was slow going with the claw and I had to quit before I was done.  I intend to continue where I left off as I think tulips growing down the entire side of the fence would be beautiful.  Wish I had a rototiller to run along that piece of lawn; it would sure make things easier.

I don't recall ever planting tulips before.  Maybe in PT or Hadlock years ago.  Tulips are my favorite so I don't know why I don't have them growing everywhere.  I don't think I'll put them in the front (as much as I'd like to) because I'd see red if the deer ate them.  I'll have to google what deer won't eat.  I've already forgotten.

My memory brain cells are definitely wearing out.  Just little things but enough sometimes to remind my daughters that the day is coming when they'll have to put me in a home or make room for my butt in their house.  We all laugh but unless I kick the bucket unexpectedly (my hope), they're going to have their hands full.  I've told them I'll try not to be cranky and hard to please but if my personality now is any indication, I'm most likely going to be an irritant.

One thing I keep forgetting is that I can use my computer to tune in to my favorite radio station in Seattle when I can't take the background sound of the TV any longer.  880 KIXI (easy listening) is what I prefer but living out here in the sticks of Port Angeles cuts you off air-wise from a lot of good radio.  I've got it playing clear as day now and will most likely have it on until supper time.

Well, guess I'll go hunt for a video to share today. My pictures can get pretty lame from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment