My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, September 26, 2011

More Vegas, Port Angeles, Renton, and Port Townsend

It's been a busy month for me. Especially the last two weeks.  I can sure tell I'm getting older by how long it takes me to jump back.  If I could go to bed and sleep through the night, I'd probably be as good as new in no time but alas.....I suspect sleeping through isn't something I'm going to experience all that often from here on out.   Everytime I roll over (which is often) I seem to wake up and look at the clock.  And if I'm not getting up to pee, then I'm sipping on water to help my dry mouth.  Add in the weird dreams which often leave me uneasy (or in a very bad mood), you get an idea of the activity going on in my bedroom most nights.   And heaven help me if I roll over wrong and my knee stiffens up in pain. It's just delightful.

I've been catching up on computer and paper work today.  Ran a couple errands as well. Rain has been coming down steadily and that's fine with me.  I'm ready for fall to begin.  Although the idea of having to start up the furnace pretty soon isn't something I look forward to.

I've got a VHS tape in the VCR taping an old Mickey Rooney movie on Turner Classic channel.
A Yank at Eton from 1943 I think.  I always like watching Mickey Rooney movies.  I've been taping hours of various shows this week.  Too busy or too tired to sit down and watch them.  American Pickers is on tonight and I like that.  Sometimes I watch Pawn Stars afterwards.  I was surprised to see "Chumlee" t-shirts in Vegas shops.  But then again, everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame.  And Chumlee is funny.  I wish we could have had time to go across town to visit the Pawn Store in person.

Well, I'm thinking a nap is on my agenda today. I'll just post various pictures I have and call it good.  Four night pictures Jenni took while she was out and about. I love the 4th one--the  strip
at night.
 








We went out to Old Vegas in the Fremont district and Jenni really liked that atmosphere.  Not sure who the guy is posing in our picture but that was the type of mood out there. Fun.

This is Jenni at the arcade  where we played horse racing.

Rented Castle in Renton for a birthday party in Mary and Andy's back yard.

Friends of Mary's: Shari Glessing, Tami Hewitt, and Jenny Ericksen. Ex husband, John Baldridge standing in the back.

Here I am visiting with my cousin, Ann Evans. Her daughter, Katy, is in blue.


Mary and Andy's street scene during the party

On the deck

Mary's cousin, Keith Sawka and his wife, Karma
Sharon Sofie, Ruth Kvinsland, Joanne Gilles, and Linda Pedersen behind that glass! This picture cracked me up. Linda is always hiding from the camera when she can.

Here's Maddie and Hunter on the first day of 6th grade.

I love this one Jenni took. Next year....junior high.  Man oh man, how did that time fly by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment