My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's mid-September already

Maybe it's the change of seasons coming but I'm definitely feeling more tired than usual this week.  I woke up with a stiff neck, a stuffed up nose, cloudy eyes, an upset stomach, and of course, the usual sore foot and stiff leg.  I should probably just be taken out and shot.  I went back to sleep this morning so I didn't hear Jenni bring the dog by.

We have a system where if my blind is down, the dog is put in the back yard and I'm allowed to keep sleeping.  Works out okay but then I don't use it much. Today I needed to but Sammy had other plans.  He didn't bark; he just sat outside my bedroom window and whimpered.  That was all it took to wake me up out of this very interesting dream I was in the middle of.  There were a lot of people from my class in it. We must have been at some kind of reunion.

Dave Marriott was there but then he shows up in my dreams every now and again. I've never quite figured out why.  We laugh about it.  Also saw Jim Pedersen, who died in the 80's, and several girl friends.

I've only got two chores to take care of today.  I need to do a little ironing (stuff for my trip) and I have a bowl of green beans to prepare for the freezer. (the last of my little crop)  Just noticed that the rains have started. Fine with me. I won't need to turn the sprinkler on.

I've made a quick check of tv shows that I might miss while in Vegas and I think I only need to tape two things--Breaking Bad and the Emmys.

A few days ago (when my body was moving a lot better than it has lately) I decided to redecorate parts of the back and front yard.  I took down the hummingbird feeders and replaced them with two bird feeders that were in a corner of the back yard.  Figured I'd be more likely to see birds feeding if they were right outside my computer window.  Well, I don't know what kind of birds came calling. Probably crows. 

I filled the feeders with seeds (they were empty) and the next morning, I found one of the feeders empty and seed scattered on the ground.  I suppose it could have been deer but the only time they bothered my feeders was when I had sunflower seeds set out. What a waste of money.

I've got four birthdays on my calendar this week. One for tomorrow and three for today.....


 Shirley Aragon, my old pal from Kirkland days from 1968-1973, still lives in the same house up the street.  I miss her. Sure is hard to believe it's been 38 years!
Bobby Comas, who lives in Texas, is pictured here in the red shirt with his wife, Isabella, and Sharon Sofie. I "think" this is 2005 but I'm not positive. Bobby's mother and mine shared a hospital room back in 1943. He turns 68 today.

My first cousin, Ann Evans, pictured in blue, lives in Tacoma, and she's 78 today.

And here's my little brother, Dana, who is 61 today.  My God, can that be possible? Here he's pictured with Marcella and Dad on his wedding day in 1975.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL!

A joke I received from Les Walden today that I thought was funny......

A hooded robber burst into a Texas bank and forced the tellers to load a sack full of cash. On his way out the door a brave Texas customer grabbed the hood and pulled it off, revealing the robber's face. The robber summarily shot the customer without a moment's hesitation.


He then looked around the bank and noticed one of the tellers looking straight at him, whereupon the robber instantly shot him also. By now everyone else was very scared and looking intently down at the floor in silence. The robber yelled, "Well, did anybody else see my face?"

There were a few moments of utter silence during which everyone was clearly afraid to speak. Finally one old man tentatively raised his hand and said, "My wife got a pretty good look at you."

No comments:

Post a Comment