My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Playing in the yard - a P.S.

I woke up to find a single sunflower had bloomed in this little strip I had dug up a few weeks back along the fence.
I think I planted more than one seed but they were old seeds so I wasn't sure any would take. I pulled up my green beans after getting one more bowl full. Decided I wanted to do something with that raised bed so I stuck some old faded sunflowers in there that I found in the garden box where I keep tools.

I'm thinking I might head up to Joanne's and buy some fresh plastic flowers to put in there.  That's my way of gardening the easy way. Now this is the way to garden.....go shopping...


  I did put two hours into working outside, though.  One small chore seems to lead to another.  I took down the hummingbird feeders as they haven't been coming anymore and I relocated other feeders and refilled with seed.  My birds haven't been around since the scotch broom was cut.

I also moved a large pot to the backyard, watered flowers, cleaned the bird baths, pulled sticker weeds, put away some hoses, and moved the two large garbage bins to the other side of the house.  Took down the umbrella on the deck table too.  Funny how I didn't sit out there to eat even once this year.  Took lots of naps, though.

Went to the chiropractor this morning hoping I can get my body feeling a little better before Jen and I take off for Vegas.  I noticed a flyer showing a guy doing exercises with a big ball (which I have) so I'm going to see if I can duplicate the instructions.  Getting on my knees is so hard but this one picture showed a guy not having to get on his knees.  The chiropractor worked on my toes a bit and that sure did hurt.  He gave me a golf ball to put on the floor and work with my toes.  A pretty pink ball. 

Well, guess I'll settle in at the sewing machine.  My blog is back to boring stuff now.  Then again, I don't need any more relatives making the news.  Before I forget...Happy Birthday to Mel Farina in Tennessee!


No comments:

Post a Comment