My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Changing direction

Today I'm determined to find ways to occupy myself AWAY from this computer.  I think I'll start by going out in the back yard before it gets too hot and see if I can't fix my backporch step so it's a little easier to climb up and down.  Shouldn't be too hard but then it is a story problem, and I've never been especially good at story problems. 

My eyes are letting me know we're in for a day of allergy suffering.  Guess I'll go squirt some drops in and see if I can cut 'em off at the pass.  I have a couple of sewing projects to work on and I think I'll head down to the Clallam County Genealogical Society and see if I can't locate an obit on George Rawson Hopkins who died in 1938.  My curiosity is up now and I have to find out who he was.

Watched an interesting Netflix movie last night. "Sweet Grass"--a documentary on sheepherding.  When I put it in, I saw that it had no narration; just followed a bunch of cowboys or in this case, sheepherders on their roundup in Montana.  I thought it would be boring but much to my delight, I was fascinated with the entire show.  Filmed them like they were just tagging along. The guys never addressed the camera at all.  Really made me laugh at one point where this lone sheepherder was off on the mountain with his dog and herd and his knees were killing him.

He cussed and cussed using every word I've ever heard and then he got on top of the hill where he had phone coverage and called his mom!  Actually cried about his pain.  And like the good mom she was, you could tell she was comforting him.  Excellent movie if you want to check it out.

Tomorrow morning I'm off early to pick up Mary Norton and head to Port Ludlow, Port Hadlock, and Port Townsend. Got some errands to run and berries to pick.

Here's an  old picture that was in Mary Gaboury's collection of her sister, Teresa, me and Cathi White.  Gad, I wish I looked that good now.  What happened anyway?!

No comments:

Post a Comment