My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 8, 2011

What a surprise!

What a surprising change of events.  Jenni called me this evening and said the friend she had planned to meet in Vegas next week has bailed on her.  She intended to go  alone if she had to. I don't know where she gets that independent streak; certainly not from her mother!
Anyhow, I mulled it over in my head and thought hmmmm....I was just thinking how much I miss gambling in Nevada.  Should I or shouldn't I?  Didn't take much urging once her and Mary got me on the phone.

I'd never booked a flight online before so Jenni walked me through it and I pulled out the old Visa card.  I also booked us seats at The Lion King. We'll be staying at the Excaliber for three nights.  The hassle of getting to the airport was taken care of. Jenni will drive us to Mary's in Renton the night before our flight and Catie or Mary will take us to the airport.

I'm not terribly excited about the airport part.  Even my doctor doesn't pat me down, and I do hate those narrow cramped seats they force you to sit in.  On the other hand.....if I want to go, I've got to accept the bad parts.  Wish I was rich. I'd upgrade to first class. Maybe I'll hit it this time and we can fly home with leg room.

Well, the stress of being spontaneous has worn me out so I guess I'll go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment