My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 9, 2011

Whew! Yep! It's hot...too hot!

I know there are a lot of people out there who love it when the temps shoot up. I don't happen to be one of them, however.  The 70's are good enough. High 80's and low 90's make me cranky.
I took off about 8:15 a.m. this morning and stopped at Safeway to buy gas.  Darn pump wouldn't work and I kept looking at the clerk to come help me.  She told me I had "bonus points" and needed to hit the purple button. First time I've ever had bonus points.

I picked up Mary and we next stopped at my brother's bike shop in Hadlock. Dropped off Hunter's bike (it only needed a minor adjustment) then I drove over to Linda P's house to drop off four books I was lending her. Next it was into PT to drop off a box of pictures for Mary G at her nephew's house on 14th & Logan.

We decided to take a spin through town.  Crowded what with the Wooden Boat Festival. Lots of booths and people everywhere. I've never gone or had the desire to go--although the number of booths did spark my interest a bit. Especially the mini doughtnuts booth. Ha!

Lots of police cars and aid cars out and about today.  Wonder if the heat was contributing to it.
Saw one guy pulled over and FOUR squad cars parked behind him.  I always wonder when I see that if they're having a boring day or an exciting day. 

After our errands I drove to Port Ludlow and spent an hour in Christi Brown's blackberry patch.
Cleaned them up for the freezer when I got home.
We didn't stay too long as I wanted to get home before the twins got home from school. Did manage to get a group shot taken,though.

I call this one "Three Babes in the Berries"

Took a picture of Serenity House a few days ago when I was with Yvonne and she stopped at the cleaners across the street. Never even noticed that cleaners before.

I sure have been getting bombarded with catalogs this summer. Tons of them.  Irritates the hell out of me too--especially when the post office continues to sing the blues about how broke they are and they may have to cease operations. Who do they think they're kidding?!

Only good mail I got was a card from Sharon Yantz Young showing me her and Les' new toy. They go to car shows now. Here's her 1928 Ford Model A.  I wish I had the money to play with old cars.  Or at least be friends with someone who wanted to drive me around in one.  I wouldn't mind having a friend with a boat too.  And a motorcycle.  Or an RV.  I should look into that. Here's Sharon and Les.



Well, I've got a week to compile my "suitcase list".  I am getting excited at the prospect of playing the slots and seeing a couple of shows in Vegas.  Oh, and the buffets...and breakfast.  Used to be a time when I'd look forward to seeing "cute guys" but I guess I'm over that stage of life.  Now I'm more interested in gambling only---and eating!

I fixed a bowl of potato salad so I'll have something to snack on this weekend. Hated to get the kitchen all hot with the steamy pots but I can skate through not having to prepare meals for a couple of days and just eat veggies and fruit.  Okay.  And ice cream!

Watched Sons of Anarchy last night that I had taped from Tuesday. Gees...talk about surprise ending!  Gonna get some sewing done this weekend if it kills me.  Definitely have to make a new seat for my campstool.  Got some writing to catch up on too.  Well, time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment