My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 23, 2011

Finding notes and sharing pictures

One of my habits is saving pieces of paper to write notes on.  If I print something and only use half a page, I'll cut off the bottom to use for notes.  And I've got a ton of little scratch pads picked up here and there.  Today I started using this tablet that must have belonged to my stepmom.  The third page down read:
I recognized her handwriting immediately and it was typical for her to start writing a few pages from the front.  I guess she had weird habits too.  I'm kinda tired tonight so I think I'll just post a few pictures.  I did manage to get a large zucchini ground up into two freezer baggies and used the other half for two loaves of bread.  I'll take them to Mary's house tomorrow for a party we have planned. I made up half a dozen salads so I'll eat them for supper all week.  Didn't get too much else done around here...well I did wash the car, I guess that was something.

I took down my hummingbird feeders and moved two other feeders to the front yard a week or two ago.  I couldn't understand why the seed disappeared overnight.  I should have known. The deer!  I remember them eating my sunflower seeds but these were just the cheap bird seeds. Although they weren't exactly cheap either!  I came out onto the front steps and saw the feeders moving and I knew the wind wasn't blowing.  Didn't take me long to figure out who was helping themselves. I've since moved them back to the backyard.

I may have already shared this next picture. I can't remember.  Hunter and Maddie are playing clarinet and saxophone this year. Sammy doesn't care for it and Maddie took this shot of him hiding out under my bed.  I guess it hurts his ears.

My sister gave me this cool clock for my birthday. You can put whatever photos you choose going around the face.

I've got this desk pictured below listed on Craig's List and 2good2toss if you're interested. Only $20.


I was digging around in my wrapping paper and gift bags and came across this one that just cracked me up. I didn't even know I had it.  One side says "It's your birthday and I hope you dance."  The other side says "You're funny when you dance." 


Before I forget..  I got a FB note from his daughter today that Harry Gauthier is in a nursing home after falling and breaking his hip.  Would love to see people send him a get well card.  His daughter said he instructed her to send me a birthday card because he was sure it was this week. What a sweetie pie!  Address is: Bremerton Health & Rehab Center, 2701 Clare Ave, Room 14, Bremerton, WA 98310

Even if you don't know him---send him a card. He's pictured here (seated) with Paul Carr and Warren Moss, probably taken in the 80's or 90's.  I lose track of time easily these days.

The rest of these pictures are ones Jenni took that I downloaded from her camera onto my computer.  I thought they were colorful enough to share.

Hunter in the Port Angeles 4th of July parade on Lincoln Street

Chance, Hunter, and Malcolm at Hunter's birthday party

Chance playing a game where a nylon stocking was put over their head with a ball in the foot. They had to swing the ball and knock over bottles.

Maddie's girl friends at her birthday sleepover

Two guys in black in Vegas

Two gals in pink in Vegas

"the victim" at the CSI museum where Jenni went

                                                   Cute old lady at the slot machines

No comments:

Post a Comment