My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

I had planned to do a little data input on alumni newsletter stuff but the day got away from me and I spent hours updating addresses and fixing odds and ends in my computer files.Tomorrow I'll start writing articles--which is much more fun.

I was determined to do some "labor" for Labor Day, though, and I finished a job I've been wanting done for years.  Ever since I moved in really.  I hung a curtain rod in my bathroom.  I know that sounds like nothing but anytime I have to use tools, I end up in a very cranky mood.  We won't even discuss the words I use.

It took me forever to figure out how to take a drill bit out of my electric drill and put in a screw.
Hunter tried to explain it to me over the phone but it took me a while to even figure out there was a screwdriver gadget attached to the drill.  I got the rod up after going up and down the step stool several times because I kept dropping the screws.  It's no where near professional but who's gonna see it?  Unfortunately, I managed to strip the screw head on my electric screwdriver too. Tomorrow maybe I'll make a curtain that fits the window better.



Mary Norton and I have decided to head into Port Ludlow early Friday morning to pick wild blackberries at Chris Brown's place. Supposed to be hot that day so we're going early so we can get home again.  I'll probably stop at Costco on the way back. My freezer has next to no meat in it.

Well, guess I'll go watch my Netflix movie. (Babies)  Kind of a documentary, I think.  First, though, I'm gonna pull the bike out and ride around for 15 minutes on the street.  Kind of a boring Labor Day but that's just the way I like 'em!

After I finished blogging, I went to email and saw a bunch of cool pictures my cousin, Marlee Morin in Gig Harbor took while she was out flea marketing in Packwood.

This one was cool too. She wrote...

Some of the plates and bowls I bought to make yard art.  I need to go to Goodwill or the Thrift Store and look for small decorative bowls to be the centers of my "dishes" flowers.  They'll be attached to either pipe or rebar so they can be staked out in the yard when they are finished

No comments:

Post a Comment