My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 2, 2011

Later in the day...

I baked a blackberry cobbler, picked some more green beans, finished the ironing,  brought down a bees nest above my sliding glass door, washed the outside of a window with a mop and the hose, washed up dishes, and ran to Safeway.

 Also decided I wanted an old metal first aid box that I had put in the trunk to take to the thrift store. Google says I can clean it up with WD-40 so maybe I'll try that.  I don't really have a specific use for it but I like old stuff.


Yvonne and I went down to the big sale. I spent $8.50. Got a lumbar pillow to put behind me while driving and the following items....
a couple of bingo daubers (I'll give one to Mary tomorrow)

Another book on cross stitch (which I need like a hole in the head)

A rug in pretty good condition. (am trying to keep well traveled areas covered so I have less carpet cleaning to do later)

A wind chime. I was drawn to this particular corner of the sale by a lady who had picked up bamboo chimes (I really wanted those) but these were pretty nice too, and only a dollar.
I'll go back on Sunday and hope the VHS movie sets I wanted are still there. They had Upstairs Downstairs (4 seasons worth) but they wanted $10 each and I'm hoping nobody bites so I can get them cheaper next week.

They're real well organized for this sale. They have guys directing traffic outside, a lady handing out sacks as you enter, two tables manned with two or three people each to take your money and wrap your stuff, and everything is in its own area--Christmas, movies, books, tools, clothes, jewelry, dishes, yard stuff, office furniture, puzzles, toys, etc. And best of all, the prices are good. You can see pictures on their website if you're at all interested..     http://www.clallamhistoricalsociety.com/

I drove to Serenity House and Goodwill both trying to get my trunk unloaded but neither place was taking donations today.  Grrr...and the traffic I fought to get there!  I'll try again next Tuesday. 

Called in to see if I have jury duty next week and happy days....Don't have to report.    Maybe I'll go bike riding this weekend.

By the way, the PTHS Alumni Assn is trying to raise scholarship money by selling t-shirts and sweatshirts.  I bought this hoodie for $35 but the other shirts are a little less.  I really like it so if you want one, send me an e-mail to order.



I saw this video on tv last night while surfing the channels and thought it was pretty good.  I like those sad ones the best.
 And I've liked Rick Schroder ever since he starred in Lonesome Dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment