My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Facebook

I resisted Facebook at first but once I discovered the photos you could view that others posted, I was hooked. Last night I spent a couple of hours putting up some old Crown Z and PTPC pics that I had.  Was a reminder to me that I need to be thinking about upgrading to a newer computer.  I baby it through an awful lot of functions that should be much easier.  Even though I turned it off once to reboot, I still kept getting error messages that line 5, 6, etc. were errors or missing.  Haven't a clue what that means.

Some days I have to try over and over to burn to a CD because my computer insists I don't have a disk in or that I have a disk that you can't use.  And of course, there are always those very annoying periods where nothing moves except in slow motion.  Drives me nuts!  I had memory added to my computer a couple of years back and I have an external hard drive I keep things on but I still probably need a better and newer computer.  It's on my list.

It's 9:30 a.m. and even though I've downed two cups of coffee, I'm sitting here yawning and thinking I really need a nap.  There's an awful lot of mornings lately where I wake up feeling like I've aged ten years overnight.  And sadly, I look it too!  I roll out of bed and stumble into the bathroom dragging myself to the sink to throw water in my face.  I try not to look in the mirror right away.

I'm heading over to Virginia's in a couple of hours for a belated birthday lunch. She's serving quiche.  And speaking of birthdays....HAPPY BD TO JOHN ECKER!  Here he is (third from the left) in high school and today....



I've been taping a lot of tv shows this past week. Unfortunately, both my VCRs are getting difficult to manage.  Could be they need cleaning or perhaps it's my old tapes.  I'd get a DVR (which two of my daughters keep telling me to do) but I believe you have to upgrade to a higher subscription level with the cable company and then pay a DVR charge on top of that.  They get enough of my money already.  Like high speed internet which isn't high speed enough to suit me.  And I know I don't want to mess around with dish satellites. Been down that road before and I didn't like the trip.

Anyhow, I've watched a few of the shows and decided immediately they weren't going on my list of things to watch again.  I even taped a few that have been on for a while and seem to get good ratings but never particularly intererested me.  And they still don't.  Like Two and a Half Men.  Ashton K. has never been a favorite and his part in the show he's featured in now is aimed at sophomores.  STUPID!  Not that I don't like stupid now and then but there's funny stupid and stupid stupid.

I tuned in 'Terra Nova' yesterday afternoon. It's a sci-fi show kind of like Jurassic Park.  Will interest younger folks, I suppose, but was very predictable in story line and I won't give it another look see.  Same with 'How I met your mother.'  Obviously written by young writers still laughing at big boobs and farts.

My two favorite "bad" shows are Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad.  At least they aren't predictable and their villains are real.  More often than not, I'll start surfing to try and find something and will settle on Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons.  I'm also finding news shows featuring potential presidential candidates worth listening to.  I know who I don't like and I didn't care for them right off the bat--Romney, Bachman, Palen, Trump, Perry, and Obama. I do like NJ governor, Christie, and I kind of hope he decides to run. I also kind of hope Trump runs just so we can watch the media chew him up and spit him out!

Here's a pic I saw on Facebook of my nephew, Eddie Forcier, playing drums in his band on a Port Townsend pier. Funny...I've got two nephews  who play drums.
                                                                   Eddie

                                                                   Kevin

Looks kind of nice out today. Think I'll try and take Sammy for a walk. Sometimes if I get that metatarsal pad "just right" in my shoe, I can walk without pain.   

No comments:

Post a Comment