My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Monday morning and it looks like it's gonna be an okay day.  A little cloudy, a tad of wind, but more sun than gray.  I woke up rested and remembering yet again another dream involving a parade.  Always interesting to me to reflect on who shows up in these parades (it's ALWAYS a Rhody parade).  It's seldom about the participants in a parade; always the people on the sideline.  Last night two of the people left the sideline to get into the end of the parade.  They wanted to be a part of the serpentine for the high school.  As dreams do, the people morphed into other people. I do recall my oldest daughter, Sue, and my granddaughter, Catie.  For whatever reason, when they joined the parade, they were going to share a portion of a huge piece of black visqueen that was covering the high school entry.  Dreams!  So nutty sometimes.

Here's an interesting video I got in an email from Rose Johnson, and I'm going to try this out.



I had a relaxing Sunday yesterday.  Spent a couple of hours cutting out quilt squares while listening to a great book--Gap Creek by Robert Morgan.  I watched a Netflix movie (The Raggedy Man) with Sissy Spacek and while I'd seen it before, enough time had lapsed for most of it to be new again.

I went to bed and managed to finish reading a book (The Husband) by Dean Koontz.  Enjoyed it--and enjoyed the fact that I was actually finishing a book for a change.

I got an hour of weeding done near the front curb by the mailbox early yesterday morning. Even sitting down, an hour and 15 minutes seems to be my limit before fatigue sets in.  I was happy with the results.  Still can't get my cat tail solar lights to work so I took it apart and wiggled the battery and tried again.  I'll give it a few more days and if it doesn't give me the night pleasure I expect, I'll take it back.  Oh....that didn't sound too good, did it?  ha ha ha

Projects----  only one bin left of scraps to sort through. I'll keep the larger pieces for applique pictures I want to try out.
 Doesn't look like much but once I start sewing the various-sized squares together, I should have a blanket or two.

 Here's a favorite Blue Brothers t-shirt I ruined by getting bleach on it. Time to toss it out but I keep thinking maybe I can make something out of the design on the front.
While sitting in my recliner at night, I either work on a crochet afghan or make up cross stitch pictures.  I may make a bookmark out of this one....or maybe sew it onto a shirt or jacket. I like doing the smaller pieces. The one I started yesterday is larger and has two giraffes eating a basket of flowers.

And yes, I do realize just how boring this blog gets on some days.  But, this is my life, needles and thread and all.

I've got a load of whites in the dryer and a couple of items thawing from the freezer. Gonna make zuchinni patties for supper (ground up squash with onions and spices and cracker crumbs fried like potato cakes)  Yum!  Also took out a package of blackberries to bake a pie.

I think I'll finish listening to my audio book and cut out more squares while I wait for the berries to thaw.  Don't forget to fly your colors today.


By the way....here's a video of John Glosson who was on ABC's Duets show the other night.  He hails from Douglas, GA, and is friends with cousins of mine. (The Dubberlys) He sang at their son's wedding and catered the rehearsal supper.  Terrific voice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment