My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Odd jobs

I'm going to head up to the library when I finish my cup of coffee. Need to get a couple of audio books to occupy me while cutting out quilt squares.  Think I'll buzz down to Walgreens too as I ordered a few reprints yesterday.

I took my bike out for 40 minutes this morning just riding around the neighborhood. Came home and noticed the freezer in the garage was looking kind of gucky.  Pulled out a bucket, filled it with bleach water, and scrubbed down some of the rubber around the edges. Then I noticed a whole lot of cobwebs around the hot water tank so I proceeded to wave the broom in that direction.  Next I didn't like the looks of the carpet pieces nailed to the steps going from the garage to the utility porch.  Very stained and yucky.  I'll wait until Hunter gets here to fix that, though. He likes to wield a hammer on gramma's projects, and I do have a couple pieces of old carpet that should do the trick.

Yesterday I sewed a couple of cross stitch "thingies" onto an old jean vest I had in the closet.  Kind of dorky looking, I suppose, but it won't be the first time I've worn dorky clothes.
Next I cut up an old black t-shirt that I had accidently spilled bleach on and RUINED! I cut out the design on the front (refuse to throw perfectly good stuff away) and made them into bookmarks.  When in doubt, make bookmarks.  hahahahahhahahah
                                                            NOW THAT'S DORKY!

Hmmmmm...now who I can I give them to?


Sitting here watching the neighbor help her little girl learn to ride a two-wheeler. Obviously just got the training wheels taken off.  Her younger sister is zipping by with her training wheels still on.  I don't really know my neighbors except to wave hello.  Been interesting, though, to watch their children grow up in front of my window.  One little guy who I watched learning to walk is now zipping by on his skateboard and bike like there's no tomorrow.  They grow up fast, that's for sure.

My oldest granddaugter turns 23 in a couple of days.  Seems like I was just taking one picture after another of her when she was two.

Gotta research how to get out a blackberry stain next. I should know that.  Spilled on one of my favorite yellow t-shirts yesterday.  Will I never learn how to eat without dropping food on my chest? Probably not.

Going to have to reread on how to discourage cats from pooping in my yard too.  The neighbor (who just moved back in) has a cat that thinks my yard is her bathroom.  Typical problem, I know; still irritates me!

Watched the first segment of Hatfield and McCoys on the History channel last night.  Costumes and scenes were very realistic.  Good acting too. Everyone seemed to hate everyone else.  Sad to say, they're relatives.  Ha ha    (I even heard the name Blankenship mentioned)

Okay. Off to the streets of Port Angeles I go.

1 comment:

  1. Hydrogen Peroxide for the stain. Even if you already washed and dried the stain. It happened to me! My son got blackberry stains all over his tan Dockers. I didn;t know what to do but I ended up washing and drying them. I thought they were ruined. I was telling a friend about it and she told me to try the H.P. I did. Let them sit a few minutes and the stain vanished in plain sight. Pants look great!

    ReplyDelete