My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, May 14, 2012

the middle of May

Spent two hours weeding along the side of the house that is kind of on a slope and not really good for much of anything.  Dandelions sure seem to like it, however. I filled the wheelbarrow with weeds.  I also took the pink flowers my daughter, Sue, gave me and split them into threes for replanting underneath one of my trees.
Ran to Swains and bought $6 worth of pansies so I'll get them in a pot tomorrow. Probably keep it on the back deck. Brought out the umbrella for the deck table too. Sure was warm out there. Too warm to work up a sweat gardening so I'll begin a lot sooner in the morning. 

I also picked up an outdoor thermometer.  Suctions to the outside of the window so I can sit here at the computer and see the outside temps.  My Serenity House browsing rewarded me with a queen size flannel sheet ($3) so I'll use that for batting on my wall quilts when I don't want too much filler. Here's the one I made today. Even printed off a label to sew on the back. Called it 'Olympic Peninsula Seals'.

I really like this animal applique quilt book I have. The patterns are easy.   Tomorrow I think I'll start another. This wall hanging is supposed to be twice as large but I just wanted a smaller version so I cut it down.

My bathroom is decorated with all kinds of doodads. I have pigs, marbles, beach glass, and black and white cows (among other things).  It's really pathetic but I like having stuff to look at when I'm sittin' in there.  ha ha   Catie painted a picture frame for me and put in a cute cow picture. Told me Happy Udders Day!

I read that a local band is going to be on America's got Talent tonight. I guess I'll tape that along with Dancing so I can watch them tomorrow. Just finished watching a documentary from Independent Lens about nomads in Tibet. It was very good.

 
Well, I think I'll head over to YouTube and see if I can't find a good video to post. Okay...here's The King.... Love his rendition of this song.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment