My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday morning

I took one of those sinus pills that make you drowsy before I hit the sack last night.  Woke up an hour ago and I'm thinking my day of allergy misery is going to be limited to yesterday.  I'm counting on it, anyhow.  Sitting here looking out on my front lawn with lots of pretty clover and knee high weeds at the curbside.  I charged my electric clippers yesterday so I'm going to plop myself down on my handy dandy shower stool and see if I can't get the front weeded.  It's full of that weird looking grass that looks like you'd find in a swamp or wooded area. Not sure what it's called but I've seen it growing nearby and it's grows and moves along like wildflowers.  I've dug it out once but it keeps returning.  I'd like to make that area out there pretty with curb appeal but the deer often graze there and have a daily snack.

My daughter, Mary, sent me a couple of photos from their outing last night in downtown Seattle. Her "group" was out celebrating Brian Glessing's birthday. The first one shows a large ferris wheel being constructed downtown. That should change the city landscape a bit.  I love ferris wheels.

Candi Lopeman,Shari Baltes, Mary Baldridge, Teresa Baltes (I think), Jenny Liden, Tami Rohring
(using maiden names here)

Here's a couple of pictures my cousin, Ilene, sent me from her dad's collection. Does anybody recognize where this is?  At first I thought Sequim but it actually could be anyplace.


And here's one of my aunt Velna and I "think" her husband, Darryl and their sons, Bob and Claude.  Darryl was killed at the PT paper mill in July 1938 when he fell in the hole of a ship being loaded.





Well, I think I'll go take before pictures of my yard now so I can post after shots later this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment