My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Rain

I ended up going to bed at 8:30 last night. Guess it's safe to say that "Rhody & Party" aren't on my list of fun times anymore.  I was wiped out from driving, sitting in the sun, walking, and shopping but.....it was a fun day never the less.

Downloaded a couple more short videos. I took about 18 videos total but ended up deleting most. Takes forever to upload them on YouTube anyhow. Here's the Lawn Chair Ladies and The Rakers Club.





I don't know that I had any one entry that was a favorite. Always like to see The Road Warriors, though; mainly because my nephew is the drummer.  Bag pipe bands please me but there was only one small group this year and they were gone quickly. No drill teams and I really miss that. Especially the Filipino Marching Girls.  The bands and floats and cars were all fun to see and hear as well.

If I had felt I could walk the route without any problems, I would have liked to have strolled up Lawrence just to see who I could see.  My hip is very much improved with that coritsone shot I got but I'm still dealing with old bones elsewhere.  Yesterday morning I went out into the garage to wipe down the car with a damp towel as it was quite dirty.  It was chilly out there and afterwards, I was reminded again that I have Raynaud's Disease...that condition where you fingers turn white for a while.  Weird, huh?

I got up around 6 this morning. I knew that would happen since I went to bed so early.  I used the time to get a few chores done. Planted the flowers I bought at Home Depot yesterday and moved my solar lights from the front to the backyard.  Now I have over a dozen out there counting my frog on the table.  I love solar lights.  My yard may not be beautiful in the sense of Home and Garden but it's entertaining to me.

I woke up yesterday was what I think is rosacea.  I know my dad had it--your face gets all red and ruddy.  Clears up again but it was a little uncomfortable. I greased myself up when I went to bed last night and it's better this morning.  Seems like my body is getting to be more of a nuisance every year. But I am approaching my 7th decade, afterall.

Here's some more pictures I took yesterday...


























                                          Dave Gaboury, John (Bucky) Howes, Mary Gaboury
                                      Jackie Pearce (lives in Sequim and Phoenix now)
                               Michael Bircher (Stan's kid) & Kathleen Gaboury Duquette
                                               Teresa Pearce Maloney & husband, Jack
                                                     Jackie, Peggy Mosher, Sheila

I didn't actually get all the pictures I wanted to of the people sitting on this lawn.  We were busy watching the parade, visiting, and eating. Lots of yummy food too.... barbequed salmon,hamburgers, hotdogs, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, Chinese salad, chips, Subway sandwiches, meats, cheeses, crackers, cookies, brownies, fruit.

The area around us was kind of fun to observe as well.  Eagles soaring overhead (and I think watching the parade from this tree), deer sleeping under a Rhody bush very close to us, and a ferry boat coming and going in the bay.
 

Getting out of town afterwards was kind of tricky. I headed up Lawrence and had the street to myself so I figured I had waited long enough to let the traffic thin.  I got down to Lawrence & Walker, though, and found a cop directing traffic.  Once I got over to the police station (former school) I saw there was a big lineup trying to get past Dels and up 19th.  I went over to F Street and past San Juan to head up by the cemetary.  I don't know why I thought that was going to work.  I got to the top of 19th and had to nose my way along slowly. Thank God somebody let me in.  Once I got to the city limits, it was snarled again. 


It was okay once I was on the highway, though.  I did stop in Sequim to hit Walmart and Home Depot.  Was reminded that there was a time that Rhody was HUGE as far as partying went.  Good times!  Good memories.  Had to laugh at one point when I was reminded YET AGAIN just how old I am.  There were some young people sitting on the lawn area we were at and I knew they were related to one of Mary's sisters somehow.  I was serving brownies and proceeded to ask them who they were.

One guy told me his name and I said: You probably know my kids. 

I named my kids.
Nope. Don't know 'em.

Really?  That's odd. (this kid had an unusual last name and I remembered hearing it when I had teenagers at home.  I questioned him again.

What year did you graduated?

2005.  Oh.... you're just a baby.   The guy I'm thinking of was named Adam.

Oh, that's my uncle. 

ha ha ha   Now my kids are old.

No comments:

Post a Comment