My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

the real memorial day

Can't seem to get going this morning. It's 11 a.m. already and all I've done is load the dishwasher and sweep the kitchen.  I guess that's something.  I did write a few lines on my family history project but even that doesn't hold much interest for me.  Maybe I need a nap.  Seems like I need a nap more than usual these days.  I'll blame it on the gray weather for now.  Could be I've got a touch of something too.

I've been bothered with a pain in my upper right stomach for about two weeks or so. Kind of on the side more than the front.  Not all that extreme; just noticable.  The kind of pain that just hurts a little  and you say: Now what is that anyhow? Googling for a diagnosis doesn't help much help either.  Could be anything from gall bladder, liver, kidneys, bowel, or none of the above.  I'll wait until maybe the first of July.  If it's still hanging around after that many weeks, I'll get it checked out.

I know your "body innards" age just like any other part of your body and it's not unusual to get little kinks in the system from time to time.  I have a tendency to blame myself for any body part causing me concern.  Most of the time my guilt over being obese is legitimate but I know I sometimes I beat myself up too much, and I need to get over that.

Here's my pictures for today.

I picked up a wood snake at Swain's yesterday as I'd read cats sometimes avoid gardens where snakes hang out.  We'll see. Sammy was out there this morning and either he has no clue what snakes are or it didn't fool him a bit because he paid it little attention.
 Love to sit here at the computer and watch the birds come in to feed. Sometimes I try to get pictures but it's hard--especially with the hummingbirds.
Bought a few pansies while at Swain's too so my little area near the front door is looking nicer.

I decided to clean the outside and rubber seal of the freezer in the garage yesterday.  I WAS VERY CAREFUL using bleach water but.......

another pair of brown sweatpants that need to be cut off at the knee.  How does that happen?!

I went to Walgreen's yesterday to pick up my pictures but didn't look at them until I got home. Then I realized they weren't my pictures.  Took them back and they had to run my order again as they couldn't figure out what happened. Meanwhile, they were in the middle of running a 500-picture order so I would have had to wait a while.  I opted to come back in a day or two and they refunded my money so I don't have to pay for the reprints.

Most of the pictures were ones I got in an email that I decided would make good postcards for this guy I send to that lives in a nursing home in Gig Harbor.  Like these....



Guess I'll get on my bike for a few minutes and see if fresh air and exercise helps my doldrums any.
Will continue to cut out quilt squares while listening to an audio book this afternoon.  That's as good a way as any, I suppose, to pass the day.  Having lunch with Mary Norton in Sequim tomorrow. Intend to return my cat tail solar lights for another box too.  Darn things just won't work for me.

By the way, if you want to look at one really good picture book, see if the library has "From the Air--Olympic Peninsula".  Worth the money to buy as well.  I think you can get it in paperback for $30.
A Sequim guy (Woodcock) took the photos from his plane and another guy (McNulty)wrote about the scenes.  Wonderful  to see our area from the air. Everything from Ocean Shores to
Clallam Bay to Discovery Bay to Fort Worden to Port Angeles and Sequim.

No comments:

Post a Comment