My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Catie!

Ran a few errands in Sequim today. Took back my solar cat tails to Home Depot and bought a couple of flowers to plant in the backyard. I forget what they're called but I thought they were pretty. Also picked up a red cardinal bird on a stick.  My lawn may never look like a work of art but at least I have cute toys.


I went out there to take a picture and almost stepped on this little guy. I hope he doesn't have a lot of pals hanging around but I did spend money on Deadline a while back. I think that's what it's called. Never have opened it but bought it because I had planted so many tulips.
Which reminds me....does anybody know what I'm suppose to do with the tulip bulbs?  I assume I just leave them in the ground but if I wanted to dig the ones up in the raised bed garden box, would I just put the bulbs in a paper sack in the garage until winter?  They're all done blooming now (way too short a season for my liking) and I cut the stems off near the ground.

I did quick shopping at Walmart, Home Depot and Costco before meeting up with Mary Norton for lunch. We went to Hwy 101. I had a Johnny Be Goode hamburger.

Here's a picture I took a few years ago of the hilly area above Kai Tai.  Below it is one my cousin took in the 40's of the same general area.


And here's another one I came across ..... Laurel Grove Cemetery from the golf course.




Well, I guess I'll get my pjs on and head to the recliner.  Sure hope I'm on the mend soon.  I get depressed when I have no energy or desire to work on any of my "projects."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER CATIE WHO JUST TURNED THE BIG 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment