My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday afternoon

I went out to the curbside garden spot to weed for an hour and a half.  I should have started at 7 instead of 9 as it got warm and uncomfortable within minutes.  I filled a wheelbarrow with weeds and while the spot looks better, it still looks bad at the same time.  Maybe another hour and a half will make a difference.  I'll try later on tonight or early tomorrow.

Made a Safeway run as I needed salad fixings and wanted to buy something to have on hand for Wayne and Hunter when they come over.  I picked up pepperoni sticks for Wayne and Fruity Pebbles for Hunter.  I should have bought Wayne a beer (me too) but I forgot. Have to settle for iced tea or juice.  It was kind of crowded in the store so I paid for my sack full and came on home. I did stop at a new thrift store on 8th Street to drop off some donations I had sitting in my car.

Guess I'll go out and scoop doggy poop to have the lawn ready for mowing.  Then I'll settle in to cut some quilt squares.  Am determined to clean out my large plastic bins of material remnants.  Meaning the little pieces that aren't any good for anything except quilts.  With the cost of material these days, I don't throw out much of anything.

Happy Anniversary yesterday to my brother, Dana, and my sister-in-law, Lill.  37 years! Wow!  I can still remember that wedding at the Rainer Nat'l Park.  I cried and cried.

And Happy Birthday yesterday to my cousin, Bill Dubberly. (Joan Arey's youngest) His email said he was preparing to leave Columbia, South America to head home for a visit. Home base is Wichita, KS but his job keeps him in the Philippines and other places around the globe.  I saw a guy on the new show "Duets" who hailed from Douglas, GA where one of Bill's other brothers lives. (Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles is from that town)  Anyhow, I asked Bill if he knew John Glosson who sang and he said they knew the family as his grandmother attended the church where John's dad was pastor.

And last but not least, Happy Birthday today to my son-in-law, Andy Krogermeier, in Renton, WA.

                                                    Wayne, Andy, Todd, & Joe last fall

No comments:

Post a Comment