My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Winding down on Sunday

6:30 p.m. and Sammy is sitting by the window hoping his family is close to arriving.  I think I'll tape the reunion. It always gives me a chuckle to hear him talk. 

I hate my vacuum cleaner sometimes.  Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming are done infrequently because my back bothers me so much.  If my vacuum is on "its period" then my work is harder as I attempt to make it pick up.  If there's anything I hate, it's trying to clean out a vacuum cleaner in it's private parts.  Ha Ha  As soon as I win Mega, I'm investing in a really really good vacuum. Or.....I'll hire a housecleaner.

I made a run downtown to the antique store I visited yesterday as I kept thinking about that old telephone I saw.  Much to my dismay, it was sold right after I left.  That store is quite large with lots of hidden cubbyholes and nooks and sooooo much to see.  I can hardly believe the one item I wanted was eyed by another on the same day.  The shop wasn't even that crowded when I was there.  She had another phone but it wasn't quite the same and it didn't hold the same attraction. I did take a picture of it, though.


I can recall seeing old phones at lots of yard sales. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled now.  I looked on Ebay and the prices aren't cheap there either.  I did see a couple of Rhody Pins for sale (a Sequim seller) so I bought them. Said they were from the 1st and 2nd Rhody Runs and the price was low.

Sorry to hear ole Goober died.  I always got a kick out of him and Gomer on Andy Griffith Show. I think my favorite episode was when Gomer was deputized and tried giving Barney a ticket for making an illegal Uturn.  CITIZENS ARREST!  CITIZENS ARREST!  Makes me laugh everytime I think of it.

I did buy an old black and white photo while at the antique store today. Downtown Port Angeles in the 20's. (I think) It didn't have a date. This is 1st street heading out of town.

Tomorrow should be an easy day.  No housework at least.  I can continue sorting files and pictures and maybe work on my family history.  I wrote a Leader blog today but will have to wait until tomorrow to post it as I'm attaching a "list" and sometimes they come up goofy and doublespaced. Am hoping Sara can fix it for me.

Guess I'll head in to the living room. Will watch the two-hour finale of The Amazing Race and if I'm not too tired, Mad Men. Most likely, though, I'll tape it and head off to bed. I just got a new book from Ebay written by Tab Hunter.  It's an old one, not a new one but looked interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment