My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday at home

Not a heck of a lot going on today. I spent an hour working on the pots for the back deck. Wanted to do more but my back had other plans.
I came in a baked some mini loaves of banana bread and framed a counted cross stitch design I had finished. Hope to complete my latch hook rug next week.




I lost the pattern for the flag so I'm kind of winging it as I go.  Doesn't really matter since I'll only be standing on it afterwards anyhow.  Tomorrow will be about the same as today although I hope to get more family history done.

Here's a fun quiz for you testing your Chocolate IQ.

Which of these  candy bars is no longer made in the US?
Oh Henry, Bar None, Clark, or Whatchamacallit

Chocolate contains  all of these except:
Vit C, Calcium, Iron, Zinc

Which has the longest shelf life?
Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate?

Which candy was invented for American soldiers during World War II?
Reese's Peanut butter cups, Hershey's Kisses,M&M's, Mounds

Where's the best place to store chocolate?
Refrigerator, Freezer, Cupboard

Who invented hot chocolate?
The Mayans in 500 BC, the Romans in 25 BC, the French in 1789, Milton S. Hershey in 1907

Which cake is really from Germany?
Black Forest or German Chocolate

Answers at the bottom.

Saw this cartoon on Facebook and got a kick out of it....


Ever since I've made an attempt to keep fresh water in the bird baths, I've noticed the crows are coming around more. Oh well, I guess they need water too.  Sammy does love to jump off the porch chasing them. They take off immediately and fast so I suspect he enjoys the power trip.  Ha!

Congratulations to Marilyn and John Ecker who got a new grandbaby today.

Answers to quiz:

Bar None, Vitamin C, Dark Chocolate, M&Ms, Cupboard, the Mayans, Black Forest cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment