My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12

In a couple of months I'll be able to write 12-12-12.  I like monkeying around and noticing numbers.  I was cleaning up my address list this morning as I needed to add a few new ones and delete a couple others. Noticed slight similarities in some of the data. Two of my cousins (daughters of Sue Johnson) both married guys named Dale. They also have an uncle Dale.  Both have recently relocated -- one to Grand Forks, ND and the other to Oak Harbor, WA. Both ended up with apartment #101.

Since I've followed the trail of where various ancestors have lived over time, I found it interesting that some of the grandkids of my Uncle George ended up in places where he lived as well.  I'm not positive if he ever lived in Oak Harbor but he may have because his brother, Arthur, was born there and I know his folks and grandparents were all from Oak Harbor. Other grandkids of George settled in Albany, OR (where George was born).

I also have two cousins in Gig Harbor who both married guys named Jeff, and I have two cousins who (along with me) named a daughter Jennifer Lynn.  When I was researching my mother's biological roots, I was surprised to find out her dad went to grade school for a period of time in Baker City, OR where his parents married.  When I saw a photo of this grandfather, I thought my brother, Dana, looked very much like him.  And ironically, Dana lived in Baker City for several years teaching school, possibly at the same building where our grandfather attended. When Dana lived in Baker City his address was 950 and when he moved to PT, it was 590. Until I bought a new car, my sister and I had the same license plate numbers - 911.  I could go on and on but I won't.  I just think it's interesting.

I took out a subscription to Rolling Stone Magazine recently. One of my impulses like book buying. My first copy came yesterday and I'm really enjoying it.  One of the reasons I subscribed was because I wanted the cover copy with Bob Dylan.  The stores didn't have it yet. My copy yesterday was Taylor Swift (who I find annoying most of the time) so now I have to go back to the stores and see if I can still get my hands on a Dylan cover copy.  My life is so hard sometimes.  Ha!

Speaking of hard...I had my MRI last night.  Unfortunately, I managed to worry myself into a mini panic attack.  Hate it when I do that.  I had taken a valium but I'd spent so long thinking about that damn tube that my calmness wouldn't take hold.  And the tube wasn't even that confining really. I've seen smaller.  They pushed me in (both guys were very nice and understanding) and I closed my eyes and told myself "You've got to do this if you want to get to the bottom of the hip/leg problem." 

I started to panic and asked them to bring me back out.  I took a second pill (apologizing the whole time for being a weenie) and then tried again by taking deep breaths.  I managed.  I laid in there rearranging my living room in  my head and telling myself to get a grip.  Funny thing is, when Jenni picked me up to take me to the hospital (her and the kids were continuing on to Joanne Fabrics to buy halloween costume material) she joked about my nervousness. All the way there she laughed and yelled:  LET ME OUT....LET ME OUT....MY PILLS AREN'T WORKING...LET ME OUT!  I thought it was funny and laughed along with her.  I felt at ease and thought for sure this procedure isn't going to be an issue with me.

Next Tuesday I go to the doctor to see if the MRI revealed anything. If it didn't, I guess we'll try an hip xray.  I have definitely got to keep going until it's fixed as walking for any length of time is becoming a problem that won't let up.

I hit all the second hand stores and a couple of antique shops this morning hoping I could pick up an old beat up narrow table for my hallway.  No luck.  I did pick up a little dollhouse sink for my sink/toilet/tub collection in the bathroom.

I also (on impulse, of course) picked up a rotary phone. Was hoping to find a black one but the price was low enough so I bought it.  I think I'll make a phone tab listing using my old PT number.
Was browsing on Facebook and looked over a few of the cartoons that my son-in-law has posted from time to time.  I think our humor is similar as I loved a lot of them.

I think I'd like to try out this demonstration below...
Maddie had posted a picture of a box that Hunter climbed into so she could duct tape him inside. Jenni thought that was too much fun to miss out on so she hurriedly took over and duct taped it really good.  I can just hear her and Maddie laughing and poor Hunter hollaring.  And I'm sure Sammy was upset too.  Hunter is "the man" as far as Sammy's concerned.
Looking forward to the Vice Presidential debate tonight.  Also have a lot of programs to watch that I taped yesterday.  Especially anxious to see Alaska and Yukon Men.  Mary is coming over Saturday and will spend the night.  She's got a couple of Appleby gift cards and I have one (thank you Shannon!) so we're going to take Jenni, Wayne, and the kids to dinner in Sequim.

Well, guess I'd better get busy. I want to make some oat bran muffins although I'm thinking now I might wait a couple days.  I have bird feeders to fill and hummingbird nectar to replace, living room furniture to move, and diary notations from 2008 to transcribe. I'm almost through this particular journal and will start another tomorrow.  I did manage to clean out Itunes yesterday. Deleted 4260 songs that were duplicated two, three, or four times.  Still not sure how all that happened.  Unfortunately, many of the songs that I recently purchased were no longer in my files.  I'm not happy with Itunes.  Their help program is especially sucky!

Here's a couple more bad dog pictures...




I heard this girl sing on my Pandora Channel yesterday. I got up to see who she was and I'd never heard of her before. Just shows how out of sync I am, I guess, because I looked her up on YouTube and she had over 15 million hits!




No comments:

Post a Comment