My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, October 8, 2012

A really good book

Just finished 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed.  Oh my!  Go to cherylstrayed.com and watch the video about the book.  I was so impressed I sent her an email.  Which I always do (if I can find an address) when I finish a really good read.

It wasn't until this afternoon that I realized today was a holiday.  Funny how things like that fall off your radar when you're retired.  I couldn't figure out why the mail lady was so late. Then Jenni emailed me a reminder that she was off and would pick up Hunter.

I did a tiny bit of yard cleanup and some watering, washed a few windows, deleted a few more duplicate songs on Itunes, posted on my blog and sent in a quick question on my second Leader blog. Sat down to finish Cheryl's book and then took a nap on the back deck.  Sometimes it's iffy I can sleep out there. Depends on if the neighborhood dogs are reminding us all they live here too. And if it's not the dogs, it might be lawnmowers, airplanes, or helicopters.

Last night I started to watch 60 Minutes but channel surfed during a commercial to see what else was playing. Stopped on the PBS show about old variety shows of the 50's.  That was so interesting, I stayed put and watched the whole thing.  Was especially intriguing to see how many of the stars aged over the years. I loved the various little tidbit stories told from time to time too.  As much as I get disgusted with tv today, I must admit there's a whole lot of good stuff out there too.

Found this while surfing YouTube...


No comments:

Post a Comment