My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday morning rearranging

Well, much to my disgust, I woke up with foot and leg problems again.  I knew it was too good to last.  I tried to take an attitude of "oh well...this is how it is" but mostly I took the attitude of being really irritated with the whole routine.  I figure it's God's way of making sure I don't back out of that MRI Wednesday night.

I wasn't about to let this beautiful Sunday get away from me, however, and after breakfast, I proceeded to do the stretching exercises.  They were uncomfortable and I don't look even close to how the guy in the YouTube video demonstrates them, but he was a tall lanky young man and I'm a short, fat old lady. Bound to be a difference is how we tackle even simple exercises.  They didn't take away the pain but then I didn't expect miracles. Just have to keep at them for the time being.

I've been wanting to clean up my book shelves but just couldn't work up the energy. This morning I figured I might as well throw myself into it because sitting isn't helping this pain and I might as well work up a sweat.  Did take an Aleve first but I can't see that it helped any. Maybe I'll take another one...or maybe I'll just take poison and end it all!  Ha!  Just kidding.

Am posting the pictures of how things look now (so Carol can zoom in and see stuff better) hee hee
 I moved two shelves out of the entryway and into the computer room around the corner.
 These shelves hold paperbacks, books on writing, PT books, h.s. annuals, and my books
 These knickknack shelves are hung next to the bookcases
 This is the opposite wall with more PT pictures and "stuff"
 This is where I spend a lot of time. Laptop on one table and my old PC on the desk
 Bookcases in the living room also hold movies and knickknacks
 Fish bowls are on top of the middle bookcase
The deer were out and about this morning. I kept an eye on them because I've moved birdfeeders to the front again and I don't want them helping themselves.

Catie's gonna help me with a computer problem in a little bit. At least I hope she can figure out what the problem is.  My Itunes program continues to give me headaches. Yesterday I spent an hour or more deleting duplicate songs. I managed to do A-C and got rid of 629 tunes.  This morning I wanted to start on D-F and NONE of the songs I click on are there.  Even the ones I fixed yesterday.  I can see where my A-Cs are still good but none of the songs will play.

My Ipod Shuffle is screwed up too.  I went to turn it on yesterday and all the songs are gone. I plugged it in (to my old PC) because that's where that library remains and the computer said they couldn't add any more songs because my Ipod was full.  Yet it showed NO songs.  Itunes is a pain in the butt!  Always has been!

Well, guess I'll go tape what I want on tonight's lineup.  I think I'm going to tape The Amazing Race and Steel Magnolias and watch 'Call the Midwife' on PBS.  It's a terrific show, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment