My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Picture taking

Every once in a while, I'll hear a noise in another part of the house.  I'll sit there for a bit trying to figure out what it was, and then I'll walk around investigating. Sometimes I find it; sometimes I don't.
Twice it's been a suction cup handle in the shower falling on the tile floor making a heck of a racket; once it was a pan "rearranging itself" in the cupboard.  I always have to try and figure it out. Never know when it's gonna' be a man hiding in the closet just waiting to jump my bones.  ha ha  Yesterday I was standing in the kitchen by the sliding glass door and heard a door slam near the utility porch.  Scared me half to death. I stood there watching to see if anyone was coming in and I was all ready to head out the sliding glass door. Even had my hand on the handle. No one appeared.

I slowly walked that direction and heard my garage door closing. Then I figured it had to be one of the twins coming to retrieve something.  I have a garage door code box on the outside that allows the kids to come in if I'm not here.  Also handy in case I lock myself out.  Yesterday it was Maddie coming to pick up her soccer equipment. She couldn't be bothered with ringing the front doorbell or even sticking her head in to say hello and "it's just me getting my stuff."

Wayne was in the car and as they were preparing to back out, I ran out and told her she scared me. Wayne said "I told her she needed to take time and use the door."  Maddie, however, wasn't in the mood for being polite. She rolled her eyes at me, and that didn't sit well either. I've had eyes rolled at me plenty of times raising kids.  Doesn't she realize by this time that I'm going to talk about her on my blog?

I got another small quilt put together yesterday and will work on finishing it up today or tomorrow. I've got a couple letters to write today and I need to sit down and concentrate on getting through a book.

Took a break yesterday afternoon and hooked up with Mary Norton to take in a matinee. We saw Argo. GOOD! GOOD! GOOD! I even had to take a couple of Advil in the middle of it because my shoulders were getting so tense from the suspense.  I thought it would be crowded but it wasn't. Mostly people our age. All the movies I go to these days are usually filled with seniors. 

We got out at 4:45 and I decided spur of the minute to stop at KFC on the way home to pick up dinner.  Service was slow and I ended up with extra crispy instead of original but oh well.... I could tell the girl was new as she kept apologizing for everything.

Just finished a load of laundry and set up newspaper on my table so I can play around with some houseplants that are looking poorly.  My poor ole spider plants keep getting brown tips. I assume that means I'm watering too much. Or not enough. Guess I'll have to google that.  Gonna put in some fresh dirt today along with fertilizer.
I intended to make a quick stop at the neighborhood grocery to pick up a Sunday paper but decided afterwards since I was out and it was early and traffic would be light, I might as well head across town and take a couple pictures of trees.  You have to do stuff like this every now and again to occupy yourself with nature hobbies.

I'd often admired this big ole monkey tail tree in the rundown Chinook Motel parking lot that is up for sale. Decided to pull over and take a couple shots with my phone.  Should have taken my camera, though, as I think I could have gotten better pictures. I came home and played around with them on my computer to brighten and enlarge.


I thought about making a quick stop at McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich since I was in the neighborhood but I had coffee brewing at home so I stopped at Safeway instead to pick up a couple items and then came home and had a bowl of cereal like a good girl.  Picked up some yeast at the store and am playing with the idea of making cinnamon rolls.  I know I shouldn't. I make really good cinnamon rolls and that usually means I'm gonna have more than one.

Mary emailed me a picture of Andy at his high school reunion in Rochester, NY. Said he was having a good time.

And here's one my nephew, Eddie Forcier, posted on Facebook yesterday. That's Eddie on the top.


I saw these sisters on TV last night (a gospel music show I enjoy) and like everyone else, I think they're terrific. They were in the movie 'Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?' It's interesting to see them sing as they got older too.



No comments:

Post a Comment