My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New member in the family

Ha Ha ha....Just watched some little kids on Ellen whose parents were very creative with their costumes this year. Go to Ellen's Show and click on the video showing kids' costumes. I loved the Clint Eastwood and Presidential Race.

I guess I'll give myself a six for how much I got accomplished today. Remember my stack of quilt squares that I was sewing together?..
Well, I managed to get the top layer of my quilt done and within the next few days I'll get the backing and inner layer sewn together.
The blue sky material (which will also be the backing) was a cotton sheet I found at Serenity house for $2.

I don't decorate the house the way I used to but I still manage to get at least something up for certain holidays.  Christmas doesn't count.  I have way too many cute decos not to bring them out for the whole month of December.
This is what I set up for Halloween.... That little tree was given to me with money on it for my 50th birthday and I've used it for HOLY COW! THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT...19 YEARS! I used to put Easter decos on it too but I don't think I have those anymore so I just use it for Xmas and halloween.
That runner was given to me several years ago by Sharon Sofie. One side is halloween and the other side is autumn.

The imaging dept. at the hospital called to remind me of my early morning MRI tomorrow. Yeah, like that hasn't already been on my mind all week long. The guy said "You've been here before, right? And not too long ago?"
"Yes...and I will definitely try to act more like an adult tomorrow," I told him.
He laughed. I laughed, and I think it helped ease my nerves a bit.  I'll still be glad when I'm done, though.

Got an email from my sister telling me she's a great grandmother now.  I was the first of my siblings to become a parent but Janie and Les both beat me at being a grandparent.  And Les beat both me and Janie at being a great grandparent. Here's Callum Wyatt Grace, son of Michael & Emily.
Well, I'm off to the kitchen to make some soup for dinner. Had some egg yolks to use up so I made homemade noodles. Yum!

Rod Stewart just came on the Katie Show.  Sexy dude. And here's another sexy dude....




No comments:

Post a Comment