My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, October 29, 2012

Stolen in the night

Will I never learn?!  Why oh why can't I get it through my head that the deer are going to visit during the early morning hours and eat any birdseed they can find?!  I'm always a little surprised (although I shouldn't be) how dumb I am!
I guess I'm going to have to accept the fact that I can't watch the birds feeding from my front window (my only front window) and content myself with the backyard only.  I know.  If this is the only thing I can think of to complain about, I should be ashamed. And I am. Sorta. Still ticked, though!

Been listening to the news all morning and very thankful I don't live on the east coast. Mary and Andy are in eastern NY (near Lake Ontario) and should be flying out of there as I type this. They'll head to Chicago and then SeaTac. Mary said they were missing the storm by minutes.

Watched 'Call the Midwife' last night. Just love that show!  I kept watching the main character and finally figured out why I was so intent on watching her face.  She reminds me of how I remember my mother looking when she was young.  It's hard to tell from the pictures here but there is a definite resemblance as I watch the tv screen.

This "one and only" picture I have of my mother as a 20-something is kind of blurry but the nurse in the series definitely takes me back in time.  Right before Midwife is another PBS program about television pioneers. Last night they covered westerns. Next week will be police shows.  Was especially interesting to see the interviews of the stars and how they look today.  Many have since died, like Fess Parker, who I barely recognized as he had more face hair on the show last night.
I think seeing the aging process of all the heroes of the past was probably the most interesting segment of the show. Here's a picture of how my mom aged .....

Both my VCRs were an hour off on time yesterday. I can't understand why they were an hour behind. I think they reset themselves for daylight and standard time but that isn't due to come about until next month.  Weird.

I got a whole lot accomplished yesterday. Just little things but enough to satisfy my 'to-do list'. Gonna run downtown now and see about talking to a person at the senior center who can advise me on prescription insurance.  At least I hope he can. It may end up being a case of me helping myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment