My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Techy changes

Lots of changes around here this weekend.  My daughter, Mary, gave me some more lessons on my cell phone, and while it will take me some time to get as active on it as my grandkids are, I figure that sooner or later I'll be up to speed more than I am now. She noticed my setup here on my laptop and old computer and monitor and asked why I was using them the way I was.  I didn't realize I had a choice.

She gave me an early Christmas present and downloaded the Word Program to my laptop.  That means I won't have to switch over to my old computer if I want to work in Word on my book.  She also hooked up my large flat screen monitor and keyboard and mouse so I can use them to work on instead of just using my laptop screen and keyboard.  I still "go through" my laptop to be on the Internet but now I can do all my "stuff" on my larger screen and original keyboard.

I can also still take the laptop into the kitchen or living room if I want to use it there.  My old computer sits nearby and by plugging in certain cords, I can access it if I want to use my old printer, my old scanner, and my Itunes library for my Ipod Shuffle.  All very confusing but I wanted to keep my older printer and scanner because I like them but yet they're too old to hook into my newer laptop. Like I said, way too much to absorb sometimes.  It's really amazing if I stop and look around and see all the black gadgets and machines that have become a part of my life.

Yesterday we all went over to nearby Shane Park to watch Maddie play soccer. They won and I took a mess of photos.




Wayne in red chair, Gramma Kathy in front of him, then Mary and Jenni

Later in the afternoon we headed into Sequim to have dinner at Applebee's. Mary and two gift cards and I had one so our $75 tab was covered. 
On the way out there, I tried to take some pictuers of the pretty falls colors. I may go out this week and drive around to get more.
After dinner we went next door to Walmart as Mary had a long list of things she needed and never has time or energy to make a Walmart run on her side of the water.  I usually have to sit and people watch when I go to Walmart as my back and/or legs start giving me problems and I have to cut my shopping spree short and head to the car.  I didn't really need anything but I did buy one of those green pans (nonstick) that I'd seen on TV.  Jenni said she had just bought one and liked it a lot. I used it this morning and am completely sold!  What a pure delight.

I had been wanting to try out the electric carts at WM but was always too intimidated by them. Maddie was eager to operate one so I taught myself with her help how to maneuver around.  Oh my but that was fun!  I almost hit a couple of people so I slowed the cart down to a crawl until I got the feel of it. I was more at ease using it with the store having fewer customers, and I won't hesitate to use them again if I have a long list and know I have to get from one end of the store to the other.  Most of the time I can manage just having a push cart to hang on to.
Mary left this morning to head into Hadlock for a Halloween Party at Shari Glessing's place. I was surprised how warm it was outside as I helped her load up the car. Temperature gauge on the window said 65.  Still mighty wet though. Been coming down heavily off and on for hours.  I wonder if that's why my eye is flaring up this morning.  It's red and sore and itchy.  Every now and again, I get a little patch of psoriasis on the outside rim. At least I assume that's what it is. Hasn't bothered me for months so I can only assume it's weather-related.  Jenni's been sneezing up a storm too.

Opened up the blinds early this morning and there were two deer getting into the bird seed.  I guess that answers my question of who or what knocked over the seed a couple days ago.  I moved the tall stake to the backyard again and thought I'd try "once more" to put another feeder in front-- only this time right next to my window.   I suspect it won't make a bit of difference to them as I wouldn't put it past them to walk in the house if I left the door open.  I may have to give up trying to have birds feed in the front altogether.

Found a little cornish game hen in the freezer that I forgot I had so I think I'll cook that up tonight. Nothing much on my agenda this week except one doctor appt and various errands to get the kids to their sports practices. Intend to do some writing, some reading, some sewing, and some napping...like right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment