My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MRIs make me sad

Well, I survived my 2nd MRI this morning. I was told it would take a little longer than the first one and I was prepared for that. Got a nice surprise, however, when the technician told me I'd only be in the tube 10 or 15 minutes.  YAY!  I had taken a pill but I don't know if it helped all that much. It certainly didn't make me sleepy as I came home and rearranged the living room a bit, changed curtains with my bedroom, moved a few knickknacks, did some computer work, and ran to Safeway to pick up a few items.  Perhaps it will hit me later.

My mood is elevated compared to my state of mind the last few days when I was moping around here. I was both blue and  feeling disappointed in myself about it because heaven knows I'm not the first person to have to deal with medical problems.  While I was in the tube, I let my mind wander over possible topics for my next Town Kid blog. I decided I'd write about my time working at the PT Medical Clinic in 1973-74.

Am reading Kim Jones book 'Dandelion Growing Wild' and enjoying it immensely.  I think it's always fun to read a book with names and places you know. It's kind of giving me the urge to get my book going as well.  Besides the one I'm working on now.  It's more of a bio just for the family.

Here's a couple pictures I took as I came out of the hospital this morning.

 
I think I'm going to have to make some fresh hummingbird nectar this week. I've got at least four birds (and a few bees) frequenting the two feeders all day long.  I sure do miss the goldfinch birds that used to come around. They stopped after the tractor came in across the street to cut down half of the scotch broom.  There's still a lot of scotch broom there but I never see the yellow birds anymore. I'll have to read up on them and see if that's a seasonal thing.  I've got several bird houses in the back yard and while I get lots of wrens (I guess) and crows, I never see the pretty yellow ones.  I'd hang feeders all over my front lawn area if I didn't know the deer would ruin everything.
 
Here's a picture I saw on Facebook of Sharon Sofie on the left, Lew Morello on the right, and the Padia twins, Anna and Dianna, in the middle.
 
 
Wayne delivered my new vacuum this morning. (via FedX)  I'll have to put it together later and see if it works better than the one I returned to QVC.  I bought it online thru Walmart and delivery was free. I can also send it back free if I don't like it.  Bought a Hoover this time as the reviews were good that I read.
 
 
Hmmm... starting to feel a little tired now. I wonder if that tranquilizer is finally kicking in.  I hope not. I'm not in the mood to sleep right now; I've got stuff to do.
Here's that video of Ellen's show yesterday with kids in costume...


No comments:

Post a Comment