My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rainy weekend day

Coming down pretty good out there, but I'm okay with it.  At least we aren't dealing with the hurricane warnings on the east coast. I'm not sure how I would deal with storm scares like that...especially since I live alone.  I suppose I could figure it out, though. You'd kind of have to.

I've got my rainy day activities all planned.  Will do a little diary transcription (I'm almost through 2009); I'm thinking I might sew a few quilt squares together (I did finish my small quilt yesterday); I've got a  500-piece jigsaw puzzle set up and waiting for me; I've got a good book sitting by my recliner (Dandelion Growing Wild); I've got a brand new movie I haven't even opened yet (Into the
West); and I've got two needle projects sittin' next to my recliner -- a green crochet afghan and a counted cross stitch design that will either become a pillow or a wall hanging.

I posted on my second Leader blog yesterday so if you get a chance, go comment on what view you'd like to see from your window.

Monday I'm going down to the senior center to talk to a SHIBA person (about medical insurance). I'm wondering if that Humana Walmart prescription insurance that I signed up for might not be a good fit for me. It doesn't start until January but it has $325 deductible a year and I have to pay $18.50 a month premiums.  The drugs I take now (2) only cost me $10 each for three months.(At Walmart). Medicare and AARP already pick up pretty much all my medical expenses, and while no one can predict when their life will take a detour and you might be needing a whole lot of drugs, I'm counting on that day being further on into my 70s's.  If I even live that long.  But I won't go there.  Well, I will one day but you know...

Here's one of the favorite pictures I saw on Facebook yesterday...

Is that cute or what?!!!!

I'm  going out to move my two hummingbird feeders just a tad closer to the window. I'll have to make up some fresh nectar to make it worth my while going out there in the rain. I'm surprised at how much activity those feeders are generating.  I've got at least 4 birds coming around several times a day.


Happy Birthday to my ole pal, Ann Robson, over in Issaquah. She was Judy Scott in high school and she helped me get my first office job back in 1961.  It was a little hole-in-the-wall place uptown that put out a mimeograph daily newspaper..  I think it was called Key City News or something like that.  Strictly an amateur outfit but I was happy to have a "newspaper job" and I just knew that the day would come when I'd be the Lois Lane of the newspaper world. Ha ha  Here's me and Ann catching up a few years ago when she was camped at Fort Worden.


One of the shows I like is Dancing with the Stars.   My all time "won't miss guy" is Derek Hough. I think he's one of the best dancers EVER! Here's one I especially liked that he did with Ricki Lake....absolutely fabulous!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment