My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A day of puttering...

It always takes me a while to figure out how to change the time on my tv set.  Every time I have to do it, I struggle.  The VCRs were much easier.  Come to find out they do it automatically only they thought last week was the time and they screwed up my taping so I had to reset the clocks.  The car clock was difficult to change as well.  It was simple but the button to hold in was very touchy and just wouldn't take.  I think we're all set now.  Amazing how many gadgets I had to change throughout the house.

I spent the day doing a little of this and a little of that. Made 50 postcards from pictures and cartoons I pulled off Facebook.

Worked on my jigsaw puzzle and finished listening to an audio book.  Finally had enough dishes accumulated to run the dishwasher. Was a little nervous about that because I wasn't sure if it was leaking. It wasn't. I guess the puddle I saw last time I ran the washer was from water on the top counter that dripped down.  (Yeah, not much to yak about on the blog today)  ha ha

Went through all my greeting and Christmas card collections to match up envelopes and take an inventory, filed some photos away, and generally just kept busy doing a whole lot of nothing.
Mary sent me a picture of my granddaughter's outfit at halloween.  Cute Catie...
I never did see what the twins dressed up as this year. Maybe they didn't dress up. I haven't seen a lot of them lately as they usually go home after school instead of coming here.  How did they get to be 12?

Made the mistake last night of researching my "ailment" online again.  I didn't really understand the mayo clinic website so I went to wikipedia.  I won't do that again.  I didn't feel too well afterwards and sent myself into anxiety mode.  I should have known better.  I sure will be glad when my Friday appt. is here.  Since it was light when I woke up this morning, I assume I had it backwards about what daylight savings time does to our day. I was thinking it would stay light longer at night but it's the other way around. I'm fine with that. I didn't want to drive in the dark anyhow.

Check out my timeline on Facebook to see Mary and Andy's Adoption page or follow this link:

http://andymarystory.blogspot.com

Guess I'll go plop myself down in the recliner and do some reading. I've got half a dozen books stacked by my chair along with a couple of catalogs, my cross stitch, and my crochet.  Yep! I'm a granny, that's for sure!

Now here's a totaling interesting video....


No comments:

Post a Comment