My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Early morning

Another day of getting up early.  Woke up at 5 but laid there a half hour longer hoping I could convince my body that she really needed to stay in the sack a little longer.  Sore hips won out so I'm up and at 'em!

Had a slow start yesterday but once I got moving, I was a woman obsessed.  I rearranged the living room and changed some of the wall decor in three rooms.  Then ('cause my life is boring sometimes but I still have this need to bore others) I walked around video taping the final  layout.   And yeah, it's lame.




My doctor appt. was for 2:45 but I had errands to run first so I went from stop to stop quickly. Naturally, it was pouring down rain the whole time.  First stop was at my neighbor Yvonne's house. She'd left with her daughter to go to the Seattle doctor but her cat managed to outwit her daughter and got outside.  Yvonne wanted me to convince the cat to go back in the house.  When I got there, she met me with loud meows....was more than eager to get in out of the rain.

The doctor listened patiently to my tales of woe about my hips hurting 24/7, and how alarmed I was at the cramp/spasm I had last week out of the blue.  She's referring me to a local orthopedic doctor in PA or Sequim.  I asked for whoever has the first opening so now I sit and wait for the phone call.  My life seems to revolve around medical appts these days.

On the plus side, my doctor did manage to cheer me up regarding my drug insurance. I told her I signed up for Humana through WM but when I realized how much the monthly premium was and how there was a $325 annual deductible, I cancelled it.  The two drugs I take now only total $80 a year so I'd never meet the deductible and I figured it was a waste of money.  I felt it was the right decision for my circumstances but I also realized we're all at the mercy of fate when it comes to health and I could end up needing expensive drugs before the year was up.  She told me that I'd be surprised at how many drugs are available for $4 at WM (and other places) for a variety of health issues. Not just cholesterol and blood pressure but heart medicines too.  That eased my mind a lot.

Just looked over the tv schedule for tonight and guess I'll tune in to Nature on PBS as they're doing a piece on ducks.  I'm surprised how nature shows have become something I search out these days. Another show I've discovered on HGTV is 'Love it or Leave it.'  It's probably my favorite of all those type of programs. 

And speaking of nature, here's my birds in the yard photos for today...


 First time I've had quail in the fenced back yard. They discovered some spilled seeds, I guess.
 
And here's a picture of my son's newest pet....Mr. Beau Bleu....
 
Last night I finished an afghan I've been crocheting.  Much to my dismay, however, I noticed when I laid it out on the floor that I have a definite slant in the sides.  Not sure how I managed to do that, but I'll still gift it out. I'll just have to make sure it's gifted to someone who doesn't crochet and might not recognize the flaw.  Who am I kidding?!  Ha!  You'd have to be blind.  Keep this in mind if you're the one who ends up getting it in the mail.  I'm old now and my eyesight is going.

A note on the news making the headlines this week.....I must be missing something (but I don't think so).... who really gives a rip about the sex scandals of the CIA?!  I can't figure out what all the hoopla is about. I thought it was a non-story from the get-go but then so is the fact that Justin Bieber and his girl friend split up, that Taylor Swift and the Kennedy kid split up, or that Kirstie Allie has slept around. B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!

Well, time to get moving. I've got a quilt top to finish, websites to browse for Xmas gift ideas, and a Town Kid blog post to work on.  48 years ago today was my due date for my first child.  Funny the things you remember.  Man oh man!  My oldest is going on 50.  I think I'm getting tears in my eyes---and an upset stomach!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tour. I guess I'm silly but kind of like knowing 'where' people live, as in their rooms, not geographic. It's sunny here this AM but will have snow again by Sat. Am going to meet an old school chum for coffee today...at our local WalMart,lol. She has to shop & lives 150 mi. from here so we'll coffee & she'll shop & be able to get home before dark. Have good one

    ReplyDelete