My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day

Just hung Old Glory out front and decided I'd post a few pics of veterans in my family.

        My dad, John A. Blankenship, in the marines during WWII
 My brother, John L. (Les) Blankenship in the army in Vietnam
 My son, Joseph P. Baldridge, in the army during Desert Storm
My son-in-law, Andrew Krogermeier, at his retirement ceremony from the Air Force


I'll probably spend the day just horsing around the house. Usual hobbies and such. Went to a get together last night at the "other grammas" house about a mile from me. She's recuperating from knee replacement.
Decided to wear my wig as the twins hadn't seen me in it yet. They weren't impressed, but they didn't cackle outright. Probably 'cause their mom would have killed them.  ha ha   Maddie asked me to take it off so she could see my under the wig hair. I did and then we all laughed. I don't think I'll wear it all that often. Way too itchy and uncomfortable. People should be used to seeing my terrible hair by this time anyhow.


And here's a video worth watching.....I do love a good marching song...


No comments:

Post a Comment