My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Like A Rock



Been surfing around on YouTube this morning just listening to this and that. I love Bob Seger's music and found it interesting that this video had over 2200 comments.  One was "play this at my funeral" and another was "Best song ever and I'll be playing it in my old Impala when I'm old."

Not much on my agenda today. I managed to get a couple of quilts pinned together yesterday so I'll be working on tying them together this week and finishing them for the Christmas gift pile.
 
I've been in a terrible slump as far as fixing interesting dinners goes. I just can't seem to motivate any interest or energy to throw together a nice supper.  I know I'll have to do it later this week, but for now I just want somebody to come here and cook for me.
 
I treated myself to a DVD I've been wanting for a long time. Since I was ordering things online, I went ahead and picked up a present for me too.  Boardwalk Empire, the first season. I watched two disks yesterday and am anxious to continue today.
 

I woke up to pee around 3 or so and immediately noticed that I was walking with no hip pain. None. I was so excited. It was the first time in weeks that I've been without pain in one or either of the hips. The only thing I could think of is that I took off my memory foam and was sleeping on a firmer mattress.  I wasn't sure if that even had anything to do with it because I've alternated putting the foam on and taking it off again trying out sleeping on soft and hard surfaces. It never seemed to make much difference.

I went back to sleep and was very hopeful that the hip thing was finally resolving.  Three hours later I woke up with a horrible calf cramp.  Had plenty of those before so I wasn't all that surprised although it's been a while since one has occurred.  I got up to walk it off and wouldn't you know...the damn hip was hurting to beat the band.  Now I'm wondering if these leg cramps are tied in somehow. I will definitely bring it up to the orthopedic doctor when I finally get an appointment.

And I'm pulling out "my list" to follow closely all the little tips I've recorded on what to take for leg cramps. I should have them memorized by now. Apparently, I haven't followed them close enough, however, and I'm learning (the hard way) that I'd better stick with it or else!  They may or may not be related to the hip pain but something tells me there could be a link--especially when I've been recording severe upper inner leg thigh cramps/spasms this past month or so.  I think those scare the hell out of me more than anything else.

I've found plenty of references to them by other people posting similar symptoms online but sadly, no one has been able to diagnose for sure what is causing them. That seems odd to me.

Well, enough on that subject. Guess I'll scrounge around in the kitchen and see if I can't think of something to throw together for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment