My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gray Wednesday

Gonna' take some doing to get my engines revved up this morning. Just sitting here having a cup of coffee and contemplating on exactly what I want to work on today.  Weather is overcast and gray but the rains haven't arrived yet.  They wlll, though.

I made a quick run down to the corner grocery store to drop off a UPS return package.  I waited and waited for this order to come from Roman's catalog and even though there were only two items, one of them just didn't seem worth the money so I opted to go to all the trouble of returning it.  Decided to take a spin through town. No particular reason; just time on my hands. Stopped to take a picture while up on the hill.
I managed to get a few Christmas gifts wrapped yesterday and will work along those same lines today. Think I'll bring my boom box and audio book back to the "wrapping room" to help me pass the time.  I may type up labels for Christmas cards  too. Only problem is, I'll have to study "again" how to do a full page of different addresses. I don't do it often enough to make the steps easy to remember.
I can tell right now that I am definitely going to be taking a nap.  As much yawning as I've done just sitting here, I'm guessing it's gonna be a morning nap.  I suppose I should have stayed in bed longer but my legs were hurting too much. I know.  Broken record.   The orthopedic doctor's office called yesterday to switch my appointment from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.  Irritating as I prefer early morning errands.  They said surgery was scheduled.  Hmmmm... an emergency surgery or a planned one?  If it was planned, then why make office appointments in the first place?

I went to bed at 10 pm last night and it took all my energy to last that long.  Some nights I fall in bed so tired, I just pull the covers up and groan.  Fatigued to the bone.  I guess that's an age thing as I don't recall being THAT tired in days past.  Seems to be happening frequently too.  I'll say one thing for getting old ... it's an interesting process in how you cope and change your habits over time.  The ole joke is "aging ain't for sissies" and boy, that's the truth!

My firstborn will be 48 in a couple of days.  I was 48 in 1991.  My youngest was graduating from high school, my son was fighting in a war, my class was having a 30th reunion, and I was buying my very first home on my own -- a singlewide mobile in Port Hadlock.  Over two decades ago. I guess that's why I'm tired.

I hope I win tonight. Even if I only match 5, I'd get a million. I'd be happy with matching four and the power ball as that would give me $10,000.  I could live with that.

I was looking for a picture for my daughter yesterday and came across these two oldies. Think I'll post one on Facebook.
The American Legion where I spent my younger days playing bingo night after night after night.....


                                                                Before the Sea Galley


No comments:

Post a Comment