My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday morning

Thursday night I went to bed at 7:15. I was out like a light and slept 11 hours.  I hadn't taken any kind of pill either.  The next day I thought I would be peppy and on my toes but nope!  I was tired all day. Took two naps and found myself dealing with chills.  Uh oh, am I getting sick?  Figured if that was the case, I'd just have to tag along for the ride.

I had things to do, though, so I forced myself to keep moving.  I did get a little sewing done and one letter written so all was not lost.  I picked up the kids at 5 pm at the bowling alley. They were awarded afternoon games compliments of their school. (Good attendance, good behavior, good grades)  YAY!

I took them home, sat and waited while Maddie changed into her soccer clothes, ran her to the field, and drove down to Safeway to pick up some Chinese food for dinner. I wasn't in the mood for cooking even soup.  As I stood in line behind 3 other folks and noticed the clerks weren't making any attempt to wait on ANYBODY, I left in disgust.  Maddie called me from her cell and said the night lights weren't working so practice was off.

Come to find out, another team wanted lights at some time and were turned down so they raised a ruckus with the powers that be.  Solution was to deny lights to everyone.  Yeah, that sounds like somebody puffed up with their own power. Stupid people.  Would be interesting to find out exactly who that person was making such a wise decision.  I took Maddie back home and came back to my place to try and figure out something easy for supper. Found a Marie Callendar dinner in the freezer and while I wasn't really in the mood for ole Marie, I also wasn't in the mood to go find fast food anywhere.

I waited three days for the orthopedic office to call (that my doctor was going to call and refer me to) and after not hearing my phone ring, I decided to call my doctor and find out why. Sure enough....the nurse or whoever didn't read far enough in my chart and THEY DIDN'T SEE THE NOTE!  GRRRRR.....  If my hip wasn't giving me such grief nonstop, I wouldn't have minded quite as much but I'm at the point now where I need something done yesterday!  She apologized but said she's sure they'll call next Monday.  Sigh....

I sat down to read the People Magazine but had to tear out SEVERAL inserts first. Most of them stunk to high heaven.  I had barely started in reading when I noticed the pages were turning my fingers black.  Figured I'd had enough aggravation for one day.
 

Sometimes going to bed isn't a way to get away from it all.  My dreams had me living back in my mobile in Hadlock and the nonsense that went on was nothing short of a nightmare. Fake cops at my door (who when I insisted on seeing their badges) showed me cookies that melted in their hand. People kept showing up looking for somebody named Pnea somebody.  My door kept shrinking and needed more sheetrock and things went from bad to worse -- like my car (only it was my black truck) getting lost in the mill parking lot again.  It went on and on but I won't bore you anymore than I already have.  ha!
 
Wayne, Jenni, and the twins left early this morning for Silverdale. Soccer tournament. If they win a game, they have to go back again tomorrow. I seriously doubt I would spend my weekend running all over the countryside for kids' sports.  Yeah, I know. Bad Mama.  It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment