My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Yay! It's finally doctor Day!

I know I shouldn't put so much hope on a diagnosis being presented to me today but I've still got my fingers crossed.  We'll see.  If I end up getting referred to yet another guy, I just may end up crying in the exam room.  And that's not a pretty sight!  Ha!

My legs are aching to beat the band today and that's kind of a surprise as I generally feel fit as a fiddle on doctor appt. days.

Sitting here with a cup of coffee watching the birds outside my window.  Going to have to replenish the hummingbird nectar for sure as I have two (maybe more) showing up all day every day to eat.  And another bird just took a bath.  I have to remember that cold water in winter is viewed differently by birds than by humans and a bath is still a bath.

Saw this video on Facebook this morning and it made me laugh out loud so thought I would put it on here.......


I stayed up until 10 last night as I wanted to see the Sequim trio on The X Factor.  I planned to go to bed the minute they were done but guess who was the FINAL act?  Yep.  Emblem3.  They're being groomed by Simon himself so they'll most likely get a lot of press.  Simon's not quite as cute as he used to be, but then it's been ten years since he first appeared on American Idol.

Ohhhhh...I'm seeing a rainbow out my window.  A good sign, right?  Yeah....

 
I managed to get a few Xmas gifts wrapped yesterday afternoon.  I bought a roll of wrap last time I was at Walmart forgetting that I had a leftover roll from last year that will probably be enough.  Then I discovered more mill wrapping paper I'd squirreled away for safekeeping.  I'll have to pull out my stored bins in the garage to see if maybe I also saved some cards.  I don't think there are any but my memory has been rating Fs lately so I could be surprised.
 
Gonna pick the twins up around 5 and bring them over here for supper tonight. Jenni has a meeting and then a Campfire Girls basket-making project at their camp house.  I knew that box of mac & cheese would come in handy. Hunter will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him but Maddie is more particular and often refuses even ordinary menu items.  No mayo, no eggs, no pickles, no olives, no green peppers, and lots of others.
 
I watched the remake of Poseidon last night.  AMC has this feature where they have subtitles below certain scenes telling you inside facts about the making of the movie.  Fascinating to watch, by the way.  Anyhow, this remake with Kurt Russell was VERY GOOD!  One scene where the survivors were crawling through a narrow air duct with water coming at them from behind gave me the HEEBIE JEEBIES!  Being claustrophobic, I was mighty uncomfortable watching it.
 
Well, guess I'll get myself prettied up for the day. Am meeting Mary Norton for shopping and lunch before I visit the doctor's office. Also gotta stop by the grocery store where my eldest daughter works so I can drop off her birthday gift.  How, oh how, did my child get to be two years short of 50?!
 
                         At St. John's Hospital in 1964 (before they tore it down)
Dad visiting me in San Diego. Les in background at the zoo. Susan is enjoying the ride.


Also,  a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY TO KRIS LOGUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment