My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

I wonder where 'black friday' originated. I'll have to google that. Well, apparently the term has referred to several dates over time but this particular black friday goes back to 1966 in Philadelphia when heavy traffic and pedestrians were noted out and about after Thanksgiving day.

It sure looks like black friday today. And yes, I'm aware I haven't been capitalizing friday. Just a mood.  I spent a good part of the morning looking online for Xmas gift ideas. I had a cart filling up on Amazon but then I couldn't figure out how to get free shipping and my cart was charging me close to $20 for s/h and I didn't want to pay that so I emptied  my cart.  I know on-line shopping is the way to go (especially when you live in a rural area like I do) but you also have to know how to shop and get the good deals.   I gave up after a while and decided I'd try another day.  Which may not be the correct course of action as I know black friday is supposed to be a free shipping day you need to take advantage of.  I'm too tired to worry about it now.

I seem to be in a rut.  I thought about bringing in my Xmas decorations from the garage but I just can't seem to get in the mood. Hunter hung my outside lights yesterday so I'm happy that part is done.

I moved the string of lights from my computer window and put them in the backyard this morning. I like looking out in the night and seeing lights. Can't really see the front of the house lights unless I'm coming home from somewhere in the dark.  All the windows look out on the backyard.

No one was all that excited about posing for pictures but I took a couple and shot two very short videos. As usual, they're quite lame.

This is 30 seconds before dinner and about a minute and a half after dinner......




No comments:

Post a Comment