My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Finishing projects

Sure makes me cringe a bit everytime I hear or see myself on camera. But it is what it is so I'll have to accept the fact that dainty I ain't.  ha ha  I see now I'm at point 1:50 on the clock, not 2:38 and if you blink, you'll miss me. And that's not a bad thing!  I do wish I had been faster on my feet, though. I said a bit more than what came up on film.  Like how I wasn't totally excited about either candidate but voted Obama 'cause he has Hillary.  I also commented on the advertising that was shoved down our throat for months.

My morning is mostly gone already but I've made an effort to push myself through all the diary transcriptions I've been working on a little every day.  I'm FINALLY finished. I'm going to shred the last journal and then maybe start keeping a daily note on my computer instead of writing in shorthand. At least I know I'll be more apt to write  complete sentences and thoughts.

Took an allergy pill this morning as my eyes have been acting up for two days.  I assume it's allergies but I never know for sure.  I saw a ton of diary notes related to my eyes as well as every body part I own.  It was truly pathetic but again...it is what it is. I omitted all references while transcribing that related to where I was hurting that particular day. I think that's how I managed to finish the project.

The twins are home from school until next Tuesday.  Teacher conferences and Veterans Day. Holy Cow! I just looked at the calendar and realized that Thanksgiving is two weeks from today. How'd that happen?  I guess I better see about gathering a few ingredients for turkey dinner.  Gonna have to start thinking about Christmas gifts too, I suppose. My list is cut way down this year.  Finances partly and partly because it's just too dang hard to come up with gifts that people can use or want.  Gift cards will probably be the way I go for all three grandkids.

Well, time to get moving. I've got the usual on my agenda -- sewing, jigsaw puzzle, reading, crafts, and to spark things up -- some ironing.  Yeah, I like living on the edge now and then.

Tomorrow morning early I head out for Bremerton.  I've got my fingers crossed that answers will be given so I can get on with life.

By the way, I watched the best Nature show on PBS last night. Here's a clip. You can watch the whole thing on YouTube. Search for animal Odd couples.  Fascinating!



No comments:

Post a Comment