My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, November 26, 2012

Workin' on my To-Do List

Owwwweeee....I may have to stop typing before I even get started.  More later....

Well,that was pleasant.  Every now and again I get these little paper-cut like sores on my eyes near the outside lid slits.  If that makes sense.  I saw an opthamologist about it once but all she wanted to do was give me an eyelid lift. Which I could probably use as my eyes look like I need it, but I was wanting help with the sores.  She thought I was having dry eye and needed to use eye drops more. I don't think that's the problem,though. I was thinking maybe it was psoriasis which I've suffered with since 1970 on various parts of my body. Why is it that I question most of the doctors I see?  Probably because she started right off telling me I needed an eyelid lift.

Just had a salesman at the door and my eye kept watering and burning and I was blinking at him to beat the band. I'm sure he thought I was a nutcase. Which I am a lot of the time. As soon as I was able to tell him no, I went into the bathroom to throw water in my eyes.  They still don't feel great.  I took a picture (it's what I do) so as soon as it downloads to Picasa, I'll post it here so you can see just how ugly I look today.

Which reminds me...my hair!  I swear to God it's getting worse day by day.  You know how you wake up some mornings and look at yourself in the mirror and you know without a doubt that you've aged overnight?  I just hate that!  My hair seems to have gotten more split endy and coarse feeling.  I wish my wig was more comfortable. I'd wear it all the time but it feels too itchy so I wear hats instead.  I wish I was more attractive, but oh well, the seventies are comin' on next year so who really gives a damn. Okay...here's my eye picture...and get a load of that OLD LADY HAIR!


Okay...enough about that!  Let's see...what else is going on around here today?  I stopped by the corner store to mail off three packages and buy my Christmas postage stamps.  Also picked up some power ball and hit 5 tickets so that was an expensive stop.  I made a Serenity House stop to browse their Christmas shed some more.   I spent $11 and was very pleased with my large bag of goodies.
One of them was this like-new white teddy bear with gold angel wings.  Tag said it was from Penneys. Only cost me $3 and I have it sitting in a corner. It's probably about 2' high.

I went outside to finish filling up the bird feeders I had cleaned and had set aside on the porch to dry.
Running out from under the porch was a family of quail.  I guess they have to sleep somewhere.
Back in the kitchen, I used up some leftover turkey and leftover enchillada sauce to make a pan of turkey/chili enchilladas for supper tonight.  Yum!  Last night I tried out a Stouffer's frozen lasagna.  I was all ready to not care for it that much but it tasted better than I thought it would.  With those two dishes in the fridge, I won't have to cook supper all week.  And that's a good thing!

Gotta watch Extra tonight to see that Sequim trio who made it to the finals on the X-Factor. Will watch them perform on Wed when they appear on the factor show again. Also have to watch Wheel of Fortune nightly (which I do anyhow) because I've got a number that needs to be called.  Hope hope.   I'll be taping the HGTV channel from 8 to 11 and will probably tape Dancing with the Stars as well.  So much easier to watch without the commercials and other hoo ha ha.

Read an interesting article in Rolling Stone Magazine last night. They listed the ten saddes songs ever written.

1. The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
2. Robbie Williams - Angels
3. Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word
4. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
5. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
6. Will Young - Leave Right Now
7. Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight
8. Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
9. James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
10. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

The only ones I know are 3, 4 & 7. I'll have to look the others up on YouTube to listen.
My saddest songs written include 'Every Grain of Sand' by Bob Dylan, 'Crying' by Roy Orbison, 'He stopped loving her today' by George Jones, 'Love Me' by Elvis, 'Born to Lose' by Ray Charles, 'Go Rest high on that mountain' by Vince Gill, and 'When will I be loved' by the Everly Brothers.

I changed the ringtone on my cell phone a few days ago.  Finally landed on one that I hear right away without thinking it's the tv.  'The Lion Sleeps Tonight.'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment