My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Brrrr.....

Kinda nippy out there this morning.  I made a quick Safeway run and my car never did warm up comfortably.  Still....I'm glad I don't live in the east.  I would HATE having to put up with those horrible storms they've endured all winter.

I got up earlier than usual. Not sure why but then I did go to bed around 9 or so.  You'd think I'd had a hard day or something as I was really beat and didn't even sit up to read a while.  Sometimes not doing much can be very tiring.  And outside of a short walk down the alley and back, I mostly worked on my jigsaw puzzle.  I did get one quilt square sewed up and plan to do another today but I'm looking forward to that puzzle too.  I'm about 2/3 done and am on a puzzle kick right now as I'm already anticipating setting up the next one.

I wish I had a little more self control when it comes to leisure time activities.  Not that there's anything wrong with being hooked on puzzles (I am 70 after all) but after two or three hours you'd think I'd get up and move on to something else.  It's hard to pull myself away when I get in "that mode."  I've experienced that plenty of times before.  Like in front of a slot machine. That can be a worrisome problem but thankfully, I run out of money quickly and come to my senses.

I rearranged my office a little bit this morning.  Put the laptop back on the desk and plugged in the keyboard and changed my side tables.  I plan to get busy on my genealogy searching and I have to make sure I'm comfortable.

Uh oh...I'm already yawning.  Either I'm boring myself to death with this blog or I'm looking at a nap this afternoon.  Yep. A nap sounds good.  I don't even know why I'm bothering to blog today.  I don't really have anything to talk about.  Course I never let that stop me before. Ha ha

And on that note, I guess I'll head out to the kitchen and get busy on  my latest past time craze.  I might even stop and take a morning nap on the way. I could tell you about my dreams but I'm still trying to figure out what to make of them.  More and more dead people are showing up all the time.  I wonder what that means.  Perhaps nothing.  I'm just becoming more aware of people I know passing on. Bound to happen. Odd, though, how some of these people died several years ago and are just showing up now.
Like Arlene Wheeler, Vern Jones, Judy Bare, and others.  Strange.  Whoops! I was just told that Vern is still alive and kickin!  Sorry Vern.

Here's a picture Mary posted on Facebook of the Seahawk party she attended at Adelma Beach on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment