My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Production was up today

I managed to get more things accomplished today than I did yesterday. Mainly because I finished that jigsaw puzzle that I was hooked on.  The pieces were large so it filled the whole top of the card table.
After that was done, photographed and put away, I brought out a 750-piece puzzle to start tomorrow.  I finished an afghan I was working on and got it pressed up a little bit this morning.
I also finished two more quilt squares and a rooster cross stitich. Tomorrow I plan to start work on this "church lady" banner.



I was down to half a loaf of bread so I decided to run across town to the bread store and stock up.  I love their prices and they always give free stuff to seniors.  On the way home I drove a different route so I could stop and take some pictures of the harbor.  I didn't have a coat on and the wind was cutting through me. But.... I got my pictures.



It's leftovers again tonight. I made up a box of Tuna Helper (it's quite tasty) and it gives me meals for about four nights.  Which can get boring but I don't have to cook and that's the whole purpose.  I may roast some vegetables to go with it this afternoon.

On the way home I noticed this banner hung across the main street downtown advertising bingo games. Forget where or when as I seldom go to bingo anymore but I did appreciate the sign.  It's said "NOT LIKE YOUR MOMMA'S BINGO".

Last night I watched this documentary on Netflix about internet dating and it followed four people who got married.  Very interesting.  I laughed out loud at one part that said:  "Women are afraid to look for a man online as they fear they'll get a serial killer."  "Men are afraid because they fear they'll get a fat woman."  ha ha ha ha ha   That just struck me funny.

Yesterday I thought for sure I was getting a cold as I sneezed and blew my nose for a good 12 hours.  I slept with the humidifier hoping I could nip it in the bud and I woke up okay this morning so I heaved a sigh of relief.  I suspect, though, that there just might be some germs  taking their sweet time surfacing.  I remember a Mary Tyler Moore show once where she caught a cold and looked like hell and made the remark that colds were three days coming, three days staying, three days going.

It could be the cold temperatures we're experiencing right now but I definitely feel a little punk.  I plan to take a decongestant tonight (one of those that makes you sleepy). It's been a long time since I actually had a cold and I'm probably due. Still, though, I'm hoping to bypass the misery.  The past few years colds just hang on and hang on going into  my chest and making me positive that THIS IS IT!  I'm done for!

And on that note, I think I'll give up trying to get any writing done today and just go take a nap in the recliner.  I seem to run out of steam by mid afternoon, and if I'm going to get anything accomplished, it's going to have to be earlier in the day.  It's only 3 pm and I'm already thinking I might put on my long underwear and jammies.  My sweats just aren't warm enough today.  I am VERY THANKFUL, however, that I'm not living in the east or south where they're dealing with nasty nasty weather.

And here's Spike Morello dancing.  Well, not really, but he kinda looks like Lewie.

No comments:

Post a Comment