My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, February 10, 2014

Rain is back and I'm glad

It's a little after 9 a.m. and I've been up for two hours.  Not sure what all went on in my dreams but I do recall looking for a certain pair of earrings that I wanted to wear with this particular t-shirt I had on.  People were waiting for me but I was insistent that I needed those earrings.  My OCD must have carried over into my waking day as I got out of bed and IMMEDIATELY started rearranging.  And not just a little bit.  I was over the top excessive.

I moved all my pajamas (which had been taking up 3 or 4 drawers) and threw them into a bin in the closet, replacing the drawers with sweat pants.  Yeah, my wardrobe sucks.  From there, I moved the bed closer to the window, changed the end table on one side of the bed, changed the lamps, moved all my books to a different table, moved stuff off the bedside table to put elsewhere, cleaned off the bathroom counters, tidied up the closet, threw clothes in the washer, rearranged the two recliners in the living room back to where they were before, took down a wall hanging in my bedroom that I decided was stupid and replaced it was a glow-in-the-dark puzzle I had hung in the garage.  Then I changed the direction of the kitchen table, cleaned out a drawer in my computer desk, and ended by moving a couple of plants and knickknacks to another spot.  I got dressed halfway through this running amok ordeal but I've already changed my shirt that I originally put on.

I worked myself into a frazzle and then sat down to a breakfast of pancakes and coffee.  It's kind of like I couldn't do a thing until I finished this process of rearranging and cleaning.  Definitely feel my wacko genes churning around inside today.  On the other hand, I recognize that my behavior was crazy so maybe I'm not too far gone yet.  I'm not going to waste any more energy analyzing why I'm this way.  I just am.

I've been wanting to shampoo my carpets but I think I'll wait until spring when I can move some of the furniture to the deck.  If I didn't know for sure that my shoulders would give me grief right now, I'd start the project this week but I can wait.

I've turned off the tv and turned on the music.  Going to continue with my memoir writing, and then turn on this audio book I'm into  and continue to play with the jigsaw puzzle.  Granny stuff basically.  Woke up to see the neighbor cat posted at the "rat hole" down by the bird feeders.  More power to her.

Think I'll make a quick post office run this morning too.  Coke:  I have this book I'm mailing to you that I thought you might enjoy. Think of you every time I see those pot holders you sent me a few months back. I have them on my wall but haven't tried the pattern yet. It looks too hard -- even though you said it was easy.  Anyhow, this particular book has some yellow highlights marked in it but you can ignore that part.  I've written down everything I wanted from it and am playing it forward.

And here's the latest picture of the man....  taking a nap by the fireside


No comments:

Post a Comment