My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day

Saw this video on tv last night and I thought it was terrific.  They actually only showed a little part but I found it on YouTube and decided to share......



It was another morning of not wanting to get out of bed.  That's a change in behavior for me as I usually look forward to early morning as that's when I have the most energy.  I forced myself up but wasn't happy about it and felt kind of punky.  Ended up taking an hour nap in my recliner before noon so I guess I was still tired.

There's a lady down the street (about my age) who walks her dog daily although she never puts a leash on him and he has free travel through all the yards and the street.  He's a friendly dog (yellow lab I think) and he's always bounding and running fast ahead of her.  The last two or three mornings, however, I've noticed him walking slower behind her with no pep.  Either age is catching up with him or he's got a bug.

I took the twins out for hamburgers last night and we stopped by Walgreens so they could buy Valentine stuff.  Man, have times changed.  Hunter bought his girl friend one white rose (which I thought was too expensive) and Maddie bought a friend a box of candy. (which I also thought was too expensive.) But it's none of my business as they used their own money.  We stopped to eat at the view overlooking the harbor and conversation got around to first dates and such.  They both burst out laughing when I told them I was 17 when I got my first kiss.  They thought that was really old.

I started a new blog yesterday on a different website than blogger.  Going to use this one for all my genealogy notes and pictures and stories.  It's a good way to connect as people can google names they're working on and my blog might be one of their hits.  I got a picture of this farm house from a guy near Salem and discovered it was the same house that I have in one of my collections of grandpa and grandma.



this bottom picture shows my dad and his twin at about age 3 or 4. Uncle George is standing next to them and Aunt Elva is in front in a white dress and tie.

John O'Brien (from my class) is in town to visit his sister, Mary in Sequim so he came over and took me out for lunch.  He thinks the picture I posted on FB of a rat in my bird feeder looked more like a possum because of the feet.  I'll have to look possums up.  He saw a hummingbird down the street when we were coming back from the Cornerhouse Restaurant where we ate so I think I'll hang my feeders next week.

We stopped by Jenni's bank as it's customer appreciation day and they're having a drawing (plus free coffee and cupcakes)  Decided my blog needed something interesting so I had a friend of Jenni's click the three of us.  Man, am I ever short!


Just out of curiosity, what do these marks on my carpet look like to you?  I noticed them in the hallway near the closet doors and haven't a clue what it is. It's not paint.

Well, I guess I'll head back to my recliner now.  I haven't felt really on top of things all day.  I've got ringing in my ears and I'm a little dizzy.  Also have had a upset stomach.  I hope it moves right along 'cause I have plans for tomorrow morning.  Intended to drive into PT early, do some errands, visit a cousin and my sister, and attend a funeral.  It's only 3:30 and I'm already thinking pajamas.  Annoying because the sun is shining brightly and it would be a perfect time to get outside.

And thanks for the Valentine Greeting Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment