My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Just another bird watching day

I'm tired this morning.  Can't seem to generate much get up and go.  I'm blaming it on the weather.  Still....I'd just as soon have this rain over the cold temperatures and snow.  I'll take rain any day.  I threw out my leftover popcorn from last night to see how long it would take for the birds to find it.
In about a half hour, one large sea gull and a dozen black crows descended.
The seagull flew off before I could get my camera.  I pulled a chair over nearer to the window to I could get some good shots once the crows returned.  It was a standoff for quite a while.  They watched me through the window and while a couple attempted to show the others how brave they were, none would venture to the popcorn while I sat there.

I finally lost interest and headed back over here to my laptop.  They must have given up too as the popcorn still sits.  I did catch a hummingbird,however.

I wish I had a great big tree with lots of branches so I could hang several feeders.  I'll content myself with two for now.

My knee is a tad sore, stiff, and uncomfortable this morning so I'd probably better spend more time on my exercise bike.  Called the doctor to make another shoulder appt. but she wasn't available until next month and my second choice was also booked.  That left a nurse's assistant but I'll take what I can get for now.  Perhaps she'll order an MRI at least.

I started my Grand Canyon jigsaw puzzle yesterday. I think I'm going to have to put a leaf in the table so I can turn the puzzle as it looks like it's going to fall off the way I have it now.
I channel surfed on tv last night.  I do that a lot from about 6:30 to 8 before I decide to settle in.  I watched a few ice skaters but they only reminded me how out of shape I am so I opted for Netflix.  Ha!
I saw a tv show called Revolution that had a bunch of episodes available so I watched the first one to see if I liked it.  I did so I'll watch more tonight.  I also tuned in to the next chapter of House of Cards. Man, that was a shocker!  Kevin Spacey is so dang cute.

Guess I'll get  moving now.  Maybe 15 minutes on the bike and a half hour on the puzzle. Then it'll be time for lunch and a nap.  I hope I can keep up with this fast pace I've set for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment