My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Starting paperwork

I've been putting off and putting off settling down to work on one project or another.  Kept moving from sewing to reading to audio books to jigsaw puzzles to writing and I knew darn well I needed to focus and decide on what I wanted to get into.  I think I knew it all along but I was having such a good time with my puzzles that I didn't want to stop.

I finished one this morning and went out to the garage to find another.  Before I set it up, however, I had a talk with myself about the loafing I was doing.  It took me a while (I kept finding other little chores to do to side track myself) but I finally buckled down and proceeded to clean up this office and see about getting all my odds and ends sorted, discarded, saved, filed, etc. etc.

I did get two large boxes emptied and set files up in a new area.

Tomorrow morning I will slowly go through each file and see what I can do about getting rid of what I don't need and saving the rest in a way that I can find what I want when I want it.  Actually, I love doing stuff like this; it's just difficult to get jump started sometimes.

I've got a ton of genealogy notes on various family names, file folders on each kid with things they've drawn or wrote, letters, and other notes I wanted to keep track of for my memoirs.  Ha!  You'd think I'd had an interesting life the way I continue to write about memories.  I've heard that's what retired people often do.  I guess it's our way of assuring ourselves that somebody might remember us when we're gone.

Meanwhile, I got things all nice and tidy in here and now I can retire to the recliner to watch the news and make sarcastic remarks about the stories they think we all care about.  Here's a cartoon I saw on Facebook this morning that made me laugh out loud.



and here's a video by Jasmine Thompson that I think is pretty darn good.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote you this long comment & it disappeared. Might be your lucky day,lol, now you won't get too bored. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for the book, will begin it tonight. Was desperate for something to read last nite, well, 2AM, & found some junk mail to read. See, I said I was desperate. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete