My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Walmart, birds, & cats

I picked the twins up at 9 this morning for one-hr late start at school.  Maddie had asked me to bring a lint roller because she was wearing black and all she sees is dog hair.  I tore the house apart (sorta) looking for my lint brush but danged if I could find it anywhere.  It was one of those searches where I could "see it" but I couldn't remember where.  I even looked some places twice.  Hate it when I do that!

I drove over to Walmart and when I got to the parking lot, I called Jenni to see if she needed anything.  She laughed and told me she had gone yesterday, loaded up her cart with a ton of stuff (she's leaving tomorrow for scrapbook camp) and when she got to checkout,  she discovered only two aisles open.  She was steamed and refused to check herself out with that much stuff.  So she did good.  She left the entire cart and walked to her car.

That's one of several things I don't like about Walmart.  They have over 20 checkouts and often only one or two is open.  The other thing that drives me crazy is that nothing is indicated (except in the food aisles) where various items can be found.  I pass people constantly "with that same look I have" of where the hell is it?!

I had planned to just shop Safeway but it was early and I knew the crowds would be non-existent, plus I needed quite a few items that I knew would be cheaper if I made the extra effort to drive a little further.  On my way home, (along the waterfront) I noticed how beautiful and clear Canada was across the water.  If I'd had my camera with me, I might have drove around to get some pictures.  As it was, though, I hadn't had morning coffee yet and my shoulder was hurting like mad.

Yesterday I was feeling halfway decent.  Whenever that happens I get my hopes up that the shoulders are healing but nope..... I had a really bad night and woke up with terrific shoulder and neck pain.  I guess I'll call the physical therapist today and see if a couple of treatments help at all.  I have my doubts but it does appear I'm going to have to take some action as this isn't going away on its own.  I've got some floor exercises I plan to start but we'll see how successful I am at getting down there. I may have to settle for doing them on my bed.

I've been trying various techniques to discourage the neighbor's cat from taking up residence on  my porch or under my bird feeders.  A book I have on pest control said to spray the area with vinegar as cats don't like that.  I came home to find one sitting under the bush where I had sprayed extra heavy. I moved a bunch of large rocks to that area so they wouldn't sit under the bush hidden and ready to pounce.  That's when they took to sitting on my porch.  My next step was to put an empty soda jug filled with water out there as cats supposedly don't like to see their reflection.
Well, that didn't work either as I got up this morning, opened the curtains, and saw the cat sitting right next to the water jug.  I think I'm going to take the advice of the UPS guy and hang the feeders from the roof eave.

I have some cookie sheets I wanted to clean up without having to use my arm scrubbing.  It was suggested I make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.  I did that and it didn't work.  Next I'm trying plain ole oven cleaner.  I'll do them outside so I can hose them off later.

I finished another jigsaw puzzle yesterday.  This one was 550 pieces and pretty easy.  I like those.
I finished watching House of Cards last night.  My granddaughter and daughter who watch it when they can, got after me for not saying "spoil alert" on my blog.  Sorry.  I forgot.  It was pretty darn good and for once, I was expecting the ending.  Now I have to wait until the next season.

Well, I just looked over my to-do  list for today (6 items) so I guess I'd best get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment